Questions about changing lights during 2nd week flower

Hello, Im in my 2nd week of flowering with few diff strains.I been using 1200w leds but just picked up a 600w mh light and wanna switch them out…should i go right for it or slowly introduce light into my 12n12 cycle?

1 Like

Sure; just switch em out. You are early enough in flower to just get it done.

To be clear though: MH is not what you want in flower. HPS is the bulb you need.

1 Like

Im sorry hps is wat i have actually…600w…so just start low n as time gos by work it up to max for the end of flowering?

2 Likes

2 Likes

How big of a room? Go max right away start stacking

2 Likes

6x5x6 tent with just 3 plants…so start high off top…always heard start low beginning n max turns end…im a noob lol so def appreciate the help…and reading up on stscking now. There looking really nice n filling out the trellis lovely.will share pics once lights are on next

Just keep it a few feet above canopy and do the back of your hand test if its not for your hand it’s hot for your plant

1 Like

Got my lights switched out today…today would b exactly 2 weeks in…sorry pics aint best n canopy a mess cause i had to move them n take net off. Will get it back on tomorrow.would putting my leds in there b to much or should i just do the hps 600?

Dont forget this my first grow ever so b nice lol

It sounds like you used a cheap led like I did. I switched to a hps beginning flowering also. It actually works good for you. It gave me tight internodal spacing so the stretch didn’t get me too bad. You’re grow looks good. There’s people who have tried to grow for years that would be proud to say they grew your plants. Keep up the good work. If you have questions or need help you’ll want to get with someone that knows there businesses so don’t ask me Lmmfao no just kidding. I’m good but theirs people on here that must have degrees in weed and they are just a click away. Good luck and happy growing :four_leaf_clover::+1:

2 Likes

Appreciate the reply…and yeah the leds came off wish.com lol, claim to each be 1200w.just got my lux meter in mail so gonna do some testing.for veg i think they did ok just from what i read thinking hps will give me better bloom in end…the amnesia strain has been a b1tch but once i listen to her now all good.chocolo n girl scout both been a1 since day 1

2 Likes

One day my State will get over themselves n i can go outdoors with it n not have to hide indoors lol…by the way got sum nice clones off each for round 2…nothing beats exp so excited to use everything i learned off my first round on 2nd

If you got a big enough space less ain’t gonna hurt as well just don’t let it block the hps put it toward the extreme edges that might get less PAR

Does it have to be above canopys? What if I put leds on sidewalls around plant with hps above…and i just switched lights yesterday to hps.ballast has a low dim medium n high.I started low n figured i work work it up to high over next 2weeks…or should I got high right now n leave it?

I always go high. The plants love light. Do the hand test. If it’s too much for your hand then it’s too much for your plants. Hopefully it’s a 1000 watt hps.