Questionable sexes

I have some bag seeds that I thought were growing pretty well… I think I have a hermie in here, though. I’m not well versed in sexing, so any/all help is appreciated.

1 Like

I see pistils on everything I looked at. I had to magnify the 1st photo to verify.

3 Likes

It’s a girl.

2 Likes

So this little thingy here - what does this turn into?

It looks like you are seeing flowers develop. Have you recently flipped to flower?

You’ll want to watch your plant closely. Bag seed sometimes produces hermies, though it looks like you are good to go right now.

2 Likes

I would have to agree with all above. Looks like a girl to me :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

1 Like

I didn’t flip, per se. I’m doing an outdoor in the southern Caribbean, so we’re ~12/12 anyway.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I was concerned about bc I had a hermie once before and didn’t catch it in time.:weary:

Thanks everyone :pray:t3:

1 Like

You can do a modified ‘Gaslamp’ like they do in Colombia: put a light over your plant on a timer to come on at midnight for 30 minutes. This will keep it out of flowering and you can get some height out of her. Once you are where you want you discontinue the midnight dose of light.

1 Like

I’ve heard of this - my plants don’t actually get pitch black darkness bc there are some nearby street lights, but I’ll have to actually try this. Is it too late to add a night light?

1 Like

Well there are problems with city light pollution and growing cannabis. It can induce a hermaphrodite response in twitchy strains. If you want the plant to grow more then yeah; it will reveg and you’ll lose any flowering progress that you have now. I would try to shade the plant from as much light pollution as possible. If in a container bring em in at night and do the light trick inside?

3 Likes

I’ll try and report back. Many thanks.:pray:t3:

Cant miss a real HerMan.
male plant

10 Likes

Now that’s funny

3 Likes

Seems like we have positive progress!

2 Likes