Questionable Medium: Interesting or too much?

You can use the molasses you have what sort of things do u have in ur nutrient box you can change theses recipes anyway you want they are the recipes i use

Honestly, the easiest training there is (and provides an incredible yield) is a scrog. You can build one easily out of pvc pipe and garden twine. All you have to do (besides build the net) is check on it daily and keep pushing tops to the next square. The net does all the work.

2 Likes

Hey everybody, Day 31 of Veg for the girls… I decided to throw up the net. I hope I’m doing this correctly, I tucked as much as I could. Here are photos of before and after.

1 Like

They’re really coming together… from the interesting medium alone, I’ve only used recharge, silica, sugar daddy, and terpinator, with tap water. I may top dress in a few weeks, but so far so good. Day 35 for the ladies.

20221021_073003

1 Like

Day 49 of the girls and I’m getting excited!

2 Likes

Nice looking so far prolly gonna wanna get u another fan or 3 in there. Get something under both sides blowing inwards at each other to make a nice wind force under the canopy and same above the plant to keep a consistent air movement on all sides tops and bottoms of the plants so u don’t get any mold or rot issues as they look a bit thick lol.

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback, they’re coming today. I got 2 rotating clip fans, I will attach diagonally above, then i will place the 2 existing ones at the bottom with the big rotating fan… im noticing that some parts of each plant arent moving like I want it to when the air hits them.

1 Like

A whole week has passed and I’m almost ready to do 2nd round of defoliation. But its only been 16 days since i flipped, so I’ll hold out a few more days.

1 Like

A lot of people, me included, do a pretty heavy defoliation session on days 21 and 42 of flowering.

1 Like

Okay, okay. So what do you suggest I do at defoliation time (which would be next Wednesday, 21 days from flip)? I definitely was going to start from below the canopy, getting rid of any fan leaves that are shaded from any light. From there I get the sprouts that are below the net. I’m not interested in popcorn buds or larf. I will take off fan leaves from some of the stems for air ventilation, but I definitely leave enough to bounce back. I want to leave about 3-4 nodes up full of stuff… (maybe?) Any suggestions?

I’m down to moderate to slight heavy defoliation, but im keeping my stink eye on black widow, she nannered me with stress last grow, but I carried on.

1 Like

You definitely take anything blocking light from bud sites and air flow. Also take any of the little popcorn bud sites that keep popping up under the canopy and the sucker branches. Other than that I don’t really know how to explain it. Once you get in there doing it you’ll see what needs to go. Don’t go crazy with it and never take more than 20% of the fans off at the same time.

1 Like

I’m wrapping up week 3 in flower with the 2. I hope that I defoliated enough, I didn’t want to go too hard.

2 Likes

A week later and the girls are coming along.

2 Likes

@Deepsix @BobbyDigital @Aussie_autos @Mark0427 @Outlaw

Hello everyone, I hope all is well. I wanted an opinion: when (if I should) I defoliate?

The girls are day 33 in flower. I did my major defoliation around day 21 and they’re looking great. Humidity is at a all time low because of the 5 fans (about 40%, give or take, all day). Temps at night ranges from 67 F to about 77. Day temps are 75 to 80 F.

1 Like

2 Likes

Look i dont think it would hurt to do defoliation on it but i would do i light to medium defoliation

1 Like

Okay I may do that today. The airflow beneath/above the canopy is good, I was just worried about no airflow between each flower. I’ve heard that Skywalker OG can get PM easily.

I think i read no more than 20% defoliation per visit once in flower.
I have stressed mine going overboard… Like 60%… Lol

1 Like

As long as every bud is getting light and airflow you’re good to go.

1 Like

The girls are looking good. But I am concerned about the brown spots on the leaves with Skywalker og. Maybe she demanding more -P-K boosts? I did add a little more nutritents this time around.

2 Likes