qUESTION, WILL aUTOFLOWER TURN TO FLOWER EVEN WITH A 6/2 LIGHT CYCLE?

I HAVE BEEN GROWING ON A 6/2 LIGHT CYCLE. MY PROBLEM IS I HAVE 3 STRAINS, GSC, gg, & bb.
Only Bruce Banner started growth on time; my Girl Scout Cookies and Gorilla Glue are about 2 to 3 weeks behind.
I am running One tent with all on the same schedule.

Will my Bruce Banner autoflower without the 12/12 schedule.
I want to continue with the 6/2 light schedule until they are all in flower.

1 Like

6/2 light schedule I don’t understand why?

1 Like

Technically an auto flower will flower under 24hrs of light. Some need a kick in the pants to initiate the flower depending on genetics so dropping to 12/12 will usually get that done. But then you should be fine returning to 6/2.

1 Like

It’s just a modified 18/6. The plants get a 2 hour rest every 6 hours. Really helps reduce heat throughout the day and the plants never get that exhausted droop after 18 straight hours.

4 Likes

Thanks just googled it sounds like it would stress the plants but I guess not

Nah not at all. I’ve been running that way in veg for a few years.

3 Likes

There has always been a group that says, plats don’t really benefit from more than 6 hours of light.
By going with 6/2, you spent less, the heat is less and the recovery time is less.

It seems to work unless you screw up like I did and have plats out of the cycle.

This is my first auto grow. I usually go with feminized seeds and 12/12 to flower.
I was going to still do the same, set them to flower with the 12/12 cycle, but I had a few stragglers and am out of sequence by 2 weeks and no room to separate them.

Learn something new every day here thanks guys I’ll do some reading on that this weekend nothing else to do if you live in the northeast

2 Likes

It still costs the same as running 18/6 because you’re still giving them 18 hours of light everyday.

2 Likes

I’m also in the Northeast, there are other thing to do here, especially on Memorial Day Weekend, But that depends on where you want to be.:slight_smile:

1 Like

It can be nice if growing isn’t your job and/or your schedule is unpredictable. It allows you to access the grow more flexibly, maybe. This really applies to going 6/6.

1 Like

I never heard of the 6/6 schedule, but will look into it.
Otherwise, I don’t really know what you mean.

Make sense for me 18/6 and 12/12 works with my life but I like changing things up I mite try it next grow

If you research 6/2 you will find it very popular and very effective.
No difference in growth, but less money spent and less stress on the plants.

I’ve been reading the last 45 minutes sorry if I hi jacked your thread think it’s time for a smoke break

1 Like

for anyone interested in education here is a great article on 6 on 2 off light cycle for cannibis:

2 Likes

A light cycle of 6 on, 6 off, 6 on, 6 off. If you work long days, this can be a useful light cycle for bloom.

1 Like

I do notice the droop during the dark cycle
VideoToPhoto 637579771652053179
VideoToPhoto 637579773764494389

1 Like

Yep, they’re “sleeping”. I’ve actually seen them anticipate lights on and perk up just before lights come on. I didn’t run a camera often because I didn’t want the infrared on the camera causing an issue.