Question regarding humidity packs

I have read through the process of drying and curing my buds when they are ready to harvest. I just ordered the Boveda 62% packs. After the curing process is complete am I supposed to leave the humidity pack in the jar or remove it at that point?

I would cure without Boveda packs. I tried it once and ended up with moldy buds. People also say they are detrimental to aroma.

3 Likes

Yeah, don’t use them during drying and curing. I only use them in the community jars I leave out that are opened a lot so the buds won’t dry out too much. I stopped using them for my stored buds. Once I get my buds dried and cured and around 60RH, the jars stay closed and being air-tight mason jars, don’t need anything to keep up the humidity as it’s not going to change in a “sealed” jar.

3 Likes

Don’t cure them with those packs. Wait till the curing process is done and then toss them in. They will keep the weed from drying out.

2 Likes

Thanks guys.

Also this is important. If the packet starts to get “hard” and you can’t mistake this is when time to replace the pack with a new one. :+1:

3 Likes

I concur, cure without them and then you can use boveda for storage.

1 Like