Question regarding flushing prior to harvest?

Today was week 6 of flowering. Trichomes are all glassy with a few just beginning to cloud up on my GDP on an outdoor grow. I’ve been using FF Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom and recently began adding Beastie Bloom and now Cha Ching. So if I’m on the 10 week flower schedule I should start flushing in two weeks. My question is; if I reach the 8th week and the trichomes have started turning amber should I still wait the whole 10 weeks or skip the flush. Or flush just once and right into 48 hrs of dark and then chop?

1 Like

I used the same nutes and didn’t flush just stopped using them 2 weeks before

I have one plant left using it too …giving that one 2 more cha Ching feedings after that plain water till harvest

I would only flush if you have some kind of issues or lockout …outdoor plants in soils seem to ph them selves I think the watering only for the last 2-3 weeks is just as effective but this was my first grow and harvest and my herb came out :fire:

If I’m not mistaken I read this from @Hellraiser
Response to someone else kind of right when I was about to flush and thought it made sense

5 Likes

Once you start seeing amber on sugar leaves you’re about 2-3 weeks away I’d cut the nutes off and if you have microbes give them molasses and Epsom salt the sulfur is a terp booster

3 Likes

I have been giving them molasses last three feeding and Epsom salts started today. No amber on sugar leaves yet, but heavily frosted .

1 Like

Did your plant yellow up like a tree in fall? Or did it stay green and healthy right up to harvest? Did the smoke seem harsher than usual? Sorry im trying to fugure out whether or not flushing is really necessary myself. Ive always done it but now im starting to wonder…

3 Likes

I only harvested it about 5 days ago …it’s still slow drying …
But I did have a few samples …my entire family loved it …it wasn’t harsh at all.
The samples were taken two weeks prior to harvest and no microwaves or dehydrators used.
It also got us more stoned than we can remember and we are daily smokers

2 Likes

I’ve never flushed, I just stop feeding about a week away from chop. No point in feeding when it’s getting culled :scream::sunglasses:

3 Likes

I usually stop feeding the last couple weeks and just water only. You can catch you runoff and see the PPM numbers dropping.

1 Like

Plant will start showing more yellow leafs at the end when you stop feeding an water only it’s basically consuming itself. You can follow up with a dark period And shoot for a slow 8 to 10 day drying. Good luck
:+1::v:

2 Likes

My bad sorry yes it was yellowing and the leaf tips were all turning purple
I imagine that would have increased if I let it go longer

3 Likes

I accidentally knocked off a lower bud last week and dried, no cure, and sampled it. I was very pleased to be thoroughly stoned for HOURS. When I lean in to look at terms with my jewelers loupe and brush up against neighboring colas my arms and face get covered with sticky, sweet smelling resin. Wish I had and cologne that had that aroma.

I also figured that I would germinate and plant my seeds 10 days apart so I could harvest them at intervals and not be overwhelmed with trimming all these plants at once. Well, good luck with that on an outdoor grow. They have all matured at the same rate. There might be a slight difference ( maybe 3/4 days ) in their maturity, but certainly not a two week difference. They are all crowning and covered with frosty, white colas some maybe 15 inches in length. Obviously, the amount of daylight is the key and not length of time in the ground when it’s just a matter of 10-15 days.

2 Likes

THIS :100:
My grow is on my deck in the rear of the house and the sun rises in the front …probably never even saw 12/12 light has always been less …
I also attribute this to being able to harvest that one plant already …mine were about 2 weeks apart

I’m letting this next one go because I believe if I had let the other finish to full maturity my yield would have been a bit plumpier

This on tho I’m letting go

2 Likes

Uploading: 9AC02B84-EFDE-409A-93AF-A33E742A2BF8.jpeg…
Processing: B66C77A2-1622-44A1-8886-98A9F6512613.jpeg…
Processing: 526F63DB-C7DD-47AB-8B58-68D6B27BA3B6.jpeg…

2 Likes

Haha we posted cola pics at the same time hysterical

She looks gorgeous :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ll let you know in a few weeks. I’m not quite there yet. Looks like harvest will be October 14th

Mine stayed green (and purple) up to the bitter end even tho I cut off nutes

There might have been ppm build up though since my numbers were always through the roof
I’m still convinced I improperly calibrated my meter though as plants never got any burn other than painted nails

2 Likes

What lacewing said. Just do straight water the last few watering. That’s what I did on this GDP. And I washed it which I had never done before. I will wash from now on.

5 Likes

Lol I washed nothing on mine
Ima be smoking cat hairs and who knows what

Maybe next harvest I’ll wash em?

Congratulations on your harvest

1 Like

That’s my plan. Last two weeks just water and then 48 hours of darkness.

Nice buds bro!

3 Likes