Question on Making tincture

So… ‘wax’ and ‘dabs’ are one and the same?

2 Likes

Pretty much

2 Likes

Where’d you get the badass battery? That is awesome!

Any of you folks make tinctures with AVB?

2 Likes

I pressed buds from my last grow for the rosin and used Wax Liquidizer to thin it out. Not a fan of the taste or how it hits so I’m still experimenting. Definitely gets you high though! I have some different flavor terpenes coming to try next.

1 Like

Have you tried any of the silicone cups? I am new to growing and wanna learn alot .

1 Like

@Motorheadsgirl If you mean for evaporating I use these silicon containers after a lot of the alcohol has evaporated. Then I can either store the concentrate right in it or move to smaller containers;

3 Likes

@Motorheadsgirl tWelcome to the community!!

The silicon storage containers is what I use as well… they are actually called dab/wax storage containers on Amazon.

2 Likes

I make my tincture with help from my bro here using my mb2 butter maker and reduce it down to make into yummy gummies as although I love smoking it,my lungs just don’t allow it anymore

To make these yummy gummies

6 Likes

Glad to help. I hope they’re still working well for you.

2 Likes

How do you keep the concentrate thin enough for vaping?

2 Likes

I think once you get the concentration, I’m pretty sure you have to mix it with an oil of some sort

I don’t know what kind as I don’t do that but I do know vitamin e is NOT good

That’s one thing that made all those people sick around a year or 2 back

@Caligurl messes with qwet… she might know who vapes to tag them

1 Like

Yes very true. I read that a while ago. I was getting vape# from a friend who has a Med card but I can’t believe how it makes me cough so much where bud doesn’t affect me at all like that. I made live resin (pressed) a couple of time and smoked directly and had no taste and was smooth as can be. I’m interested in making my own vape.

1 Like

I think some use MCT (coconut oil). @blackthumbbetty might know.

You can add terpenes to it to thin down for vaping. When I make vape pens I put my wax in a silicone shot glass the put the shot glass in a pot of water on the stove on low. When the wax is melted I will add a drop or 2 at a time until it’s thinned out. I let it cool to make sure it stays a thinner consistency then add to a cartridge to vape. East Coast Terpenes is where I got mine I believe. Other thinners and PGs leave an aftertaste. Pure terps is the best way I’ve found.

1 Like

I use natural terpenes from Dab Labz,you just mix them together warm,stir them around a couple monutes,minutes, simple.

1 Like

There is a thing called liquidizer… I remember reading about it but yes @blackthumbbetty is the go-to hopefully she chimes in soon

3 Likes

I tried the liqudizer also and it leaves an aftertaste like PG does. The terpenes will thin out the same with just the weed taste. Definitely the way to do it if making vape pens.

2 Likes