Question on lighting

@dbrn32 Question for ya man what is you’re thought on the Mars Hydro TSL2000 for a 4x2 tent I would prefer a HLG unit but don’t have the money atm for a light from them any input would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

I don’t have much nice to say about mars hydro. Would say you are probably better off checking some of the qb knock offs on alibaba that have good reputation. If you can’t find as good of deal, maybe see if there is good 4/20 sale before settling on mars.

7 Likes

That’s exactly what drew me to this unit is the fact its originally almost 300 and is on sale for like 215 imo Mars has the best sale prices that I’ve seen

2 Likes

I get it. To me just a matter if where you’re willing to fall on scale of best price vs best performance.

2 Likes

You might check out Spider Farmer, they’re cheaper than HKG but close in performance. HLG has better warranty and customer service,and quality is slightly better.

1 Like

Not to mention efficacy. You’ll save the difference in price the first year using the hlg vs Mars hydro. Electricity costs add up.

4 Likes

@Drinkslinger @Weedlover1 yeah I was also looking at the SF2000 that was originally my 1st pick but then saw they have no sale on that model so its still half the cost of my set up but realistically its only like 60 to 80 dollars more than the mars unit which is something I can do most definitely was also thinking of just spending the extra bit and going with the 260W XL QB V2 RSPEC LED KIT from HLG i feel would be my best option at 370 bucks

3 Likes

@dbrn32 @Drinkslinger @Weedlover1 does anyone know if there are any active discount codes for hlg or spider farmer?

1 Like

Nvm code Dude works on HLG was able to to get the 260W XL QB V2 RSPEC LED KIT down to 330 instead of 370 lol I just ordered the kit haha

7 Likes

You won’t regret it.

4 Likes

Not for sure on the code,but you can usually Google it on their web site.

2 Likes

Great,you’ll be glad you did!

2 Likes

@Weedlover1 @Drinkslinger Ohh I know ill be happy i love HLG lights i help my buddy set up his 4x8 tent with 3 HLG 350r units in it currently and the girls love the lights im excited to run my own tent now with 2 plants at a time or I may train out 1 girl to fill my whole 4x2 canopy and idk if I wana run photos still or switch to autos for faster turn around lol decisions decisions haha

2 Likes

I was using Fumar 2000 watt light (actual watts was 420)
very happy with the 260W XL QB V2 RSPEC LED KITS
No regrets very nice lights

4 Likes

@dbrn32 What would be your choice of lighting or what would best fit my 4x2 tent I plan on filling in my canopy wall to wall with about 2 to 3 plants

Probably the qb 260xl or hlg-300L. If you want to get a little more out of space chilled tech x3 330.

1 Like

@dbrn32 what is this 3rd wire for and where does it connect or is it needed in general the black and white wire says its Vprg instructions HLG provided doesn’t mention it at all

Also I am able to adjust power/brightness but the dial knob dosnt fully shut the light off either

1 Like

@dbrn32 anything bud?

1 Like

Sorry, been busy day.

Looks like they are now sending 260 kits with invertronics driver? What is model number on driver? I’m pretty sure that cable is to connect programming interface to driver. You shouldn’t need to worry about it.

Not sure if that driver is dim to off capable. Most this size are not, but I’m more familiar with meanwells. If driver is capable, then it would be potentiometer not going to low enough resistance.

1 Like