Question on how many plants per light

I grow 2 plants under each 300 watt led (135 true watts) and get about 3 to 3.5 ounces of dried from each light. Would I get the same yield growing one plant under each light?
The same with my 400 watt HPS. I grow 4 plants and get about 7 to 8 ounces of dried, Would I get the same yield growing 2 plant under the light?

2 grow rooms, LED lights in one and HPS in the other. Each room is about 4 X 4 feet.
The rooms are attached in a large 12 X 4 foot closet., I can’t use 2 HPS because it gets too hot.
Hot soil, I never have any nutrient problems throughout the whole grow
I start with seeds.

Thank You,
Larry

In that size tent, at least for the leds, you’ll want at least double the amount of light you have (not double the plants…just double the light). In a 2.5x5x7 tent (12.5 ft²), I am using 2x 130 watt blurples & 1x 260 watt blurples, actual draw.

You can grow with what you have, but if you double it, or upgrade to quantum boards, you’ll really grow some nice bud. In my 2nd tent, same size, I have a 320watt quantum board led.

2 Likes

Lots more light will get you a lot more bud with less plants.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, In the LED 4X4 room I have 4 of the 300 watt (135) lights. 540 total watts. For the past 2 years I have been growing 8 plants in the room and getting between 12 and 14 ounces per grow.If I only grow 4 plants under the 4 135 watt lights should I expect about the same yield I’ve been getting with 8 plants.

Larry

No reason that with more light you could do that or better with 2 plants depending on the strain

In my tent, which is only 12.5ft², I have that same amount of blurple leds on only 3 plants, and I still don’t think it’s enough.

Look at the 315w cmh grow lights if heat is a problem

1 Like

Here are pictures, in the second week of flowering.

2 Likes