Question of week, need assistance!

These 2 plants, started same day. One has been flowering a couple weeks. The other throwing me off. I believe it’s a photoperiod or possibly a male. No signs either way. All my autoflowers have been flowering at about 3-3.5 weeks. I’m on a 20-4 light cycle. Don’t want to change. Possible problems here. Appreciate any tips. Y’all been great. Anybody been following, last harvest was 9-10. After trimming hands were black. Great smoke, that was a Runtz. Love results. Will send pics new 2 plants and review of last. 

3 Likes

Some autos need more dark time than others.
Some autos just take longer to flower.
With autos, that’s it, they’re autos. They do what they want, when they want.
I would encourage you to change to 12/12 in order for them to flower. All plants are different and you have to monitor and adjust.
Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yup, recessive auto genetics most likely. This is problem with trying to run autos on long light schedule. Best practice is to get lighting that will hit peak dli on 12 hour schedule.

5 Likes

Thx good info, have other autos in tent, wanted keep their good growth going.I thought that a 12-12, lighting would slow their growth down.

1 Like

Like @dbrn32 mentioned, it’s more about dli and what the plants needs.
Monitoring and adjusting is more about what you want the plant to do. You just need to make sure your plants are getting it’s maximum energy with the light you have. db is the man for that. Ton of great info concerning dli and basically whatever you may need help with.
They look great!
Keep’em growin! Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

12/12 won’t slow them down. It will actually speed them up and kick them into high gear to make them flower. If you want them to veg longer, then 18/6 would be the thing to do. But, you stand the chance of them getting huge and out of control. They will flower when they’re ready.
Depending on how you’re growing, it can be a pita. Or, it can be a blessing. Just depends on what you want.
Every grow is an improvement over the previous. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like