Question in regards to storing after curing

I will be storing the product in glass jars after the curing is finished. I was reading an article online, that was saying in order to keep moisture out, you should open the lid 3-6 times a day. I’m curious to know, could I use this silica gel packet for each jar instead? The product description was saying " Silica gel packets can prevent moisture damage. It prevents all forms of rust, corrosion, oxidation, mildew, fungus, mold, fogging, etc.

White Silica Gel Performance
RH=20% Absorption capacity 10% of its weight
RH=50% Absorption capacity 23% of its weight
RH=90% Absorption capacity 36% of its weight

RH=Relative Humidity

I wouldn’t think you want silica gel in there. I bought some little moisture meters to put in some of the jars to monitor.
If you want something to put in the jars to maintain optimum humidity Boveda makes a humidipack that works great for storing cannabis. I have some of them I use for storage.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FWPQ8XQ/ref=asc_df_B00FWPQ8XQ4963345/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B00FWPQ8XQ&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167150790864&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9104958899398224909&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9002479&hvtargid=pla-303422488075

3 Likes

Would tin jars/cans with lids be good to use for storage? A friend is willing to give me some, but I’m not sure if it would be good for storing bud or not.

I’ve only ever stored it in mason jars. I’m not sure how well tin cans would work you probably wouldn’t
Get the flavor as you would with glass jars.

1 Like