Question for Experienced SCROGers

I feel the same way. After many successful scrog grows I’ve actually gone to a more natural style of letting them grow. My yields are the same.

2 Likes

I’m attempting a 3x3 this time. It doesn’t sound that big until it’s built and in the grow room
@MidwestGuy

6 Likes

More than double the area of a 2 x 2. Nice work! :+1:

1 Like

Right, eh? I just built my first (2.5’x2.5’x3.5’ tall) and it looks massive. I don’t know that I ever want my plants to get that big. I don’t need much weed. Just a few ounces here and there for myself and family and I like to make hash too. I’ll be giving the stuff away.

I need to build 2 more and I think I’m going to scale those down a bit. Maybe 2’x2’x3’ and perhaps and extra set of 4 or 5 foot legs I can put in it sativa grows.

2 Likes

This (kind of) defeats the purpose of a SCROG. You can slam em like a lowrider and work the plant horizontally: my current plant is SCROG’ed right at 10" above the ‘soil’ layer. It’s a Super Pineapple Haze so lots of Sativa in there somewhere (though you wouldn’t know it to look at her).

2’ X 2.5’? You can design adjustment into the screen. My media grows use a base unit tie-wrapped to the fabric pot which the screen slides into and is set with 4 screws in the legs. I can pick this rig up and carry it around by the screen which is handy for me. I like a rectangular net as it’s often easier to thread a stiff branch through the long way without breaking it.

Plus the smaller size allows a bit more airflow between plants: not a bad thing!

@Not2SureYet has an ingenious arrangement I’m going to steal that uses rolls of bungee cord for netting with clips.

4 Likes

I’m new to this so I appreciate the sharing of wisdom.

4 Likes

There are no stupid questions and everyone here is respectful and interested in seeing you succeed. So ask away: so much of this doesn’t make sense until you do it. Or in my case, doing it a bunch of times haha.

5 Likes

That is a nice looking scrog you built. I think you will like the 3x3. I stretched 2 of mine to so I can make 4 24" x 28" screens or use them for two 2x4s for bigger grows. I also have a bunch of bamboo scrogs I use here and there. I run my screen similar to @Myfriendis410 s I set mine at 10 - 12" “soil to the scrog lines”. You will find using it much higher just means you will be trimming and throwing a lot more of the plant away when you defoliate. A lower screen helps get more lower bud sites to the screen. :grin: The way @Myfriendis410 normally uses his scrogs is great. He can easily move the plants and where he wants. :+1:

2 Likes