Question for Exhaust fan and Humidity/Temp control using a Repeat Cycle Timer

Need some help with controllinging my RH and Temps. I can control the temps easily within the tent but am having a hard time if i leave the exhaust on 24 hours. Too much fluctuations. Any ideas? Right now am having a problem keeping the humidity up to 60%. Having wide swings and it drops down to 45% with the Repeat Cycle Timer. Am in the process of doing my seedlings so i would like the RH higher. Thanks

Fluctuating how much? Relative Humidity is ‘relative’ to the temperature. Are you seeing it highest when it’s coolest, lowest when lights are on and it’s warmest? Can you slow down your exhaust fan?

@elheffe702 I have a speed controller that i have set at low. The lights are off but everything else fans, humidifier, and heater are running 24 hrs. Humidity was in high 60’s in the garage. Opened the garage door a crack and the humidity dropped into the 30’s. But still didn’t help much. Seems i am better off keeping the garage door closed. I also control everything with 2 Inkbird controllers. I have one vent open and thinking about closing it up more. When the exhaust comes on which i have tried numerous settings with the Repeat Cycle Timer but i still drops too low. Talking about 20 degree swings. And i have a Humidifier and a small mister in there too. Thinking about putting another humidifier in there. Which i have but just can’t control it with a controller. Tent is 3x5 by 7ft

1 Like

You could always dome your seedlings for now.

1 Like

@elheffe702 i do have it under a dome. Closed the garage door since the RH in the garage is now in the high 20’s. Checked the dome and temp is 70 F and RH is in the low 60’s. I don’t have the heating pad plugged in for propagation dome.

1 Like

Did you mist the inside of the dome? That’ll bring it way up.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea. Definitely will do that. We are getting back to normal weather conditions here in the desert so before humidity wasn’t a problem. So i went back and tightened up all the drawstrings on the outlets. Closed the garage door and last i checked the inside garage RH went from 26 to 36. Inkbird controller is now holding between 55 RH and 67 RH inside the tent. Not ideal but i am getting there. Thanks

1 Like

No problem! :v:

1 Like

AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4, Quiet… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZXWN3BG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

2 Likes