Question about the temperature of my grow shed? Please help, thanks!šŸ˜

Hi, this is my 2nd grow, first time regular plants, I did autos for my first grow but anyways I was wondering about the temperature in6 shed now that itā€™s gotten cold here in New England, when the lights are on the temp is 75Ā°~80Ā°, when lights off 40Ā°~65Ā° maybe even a little lower but not below 32Ā°?? I am well into the flower stage, around 100 days into grow and things are looking awesome but just domt want the cold temps to ruin my hard work lol. Thanks I appreciate all the helpšŸ˜

@blackthumbbetty @Covertgrower both are in colder climate areas. They could maybe tell you what to expect. Hopefully I got that right on covert? Iā€™m trying to think of who else is in colder areas but thatā€™s all I can think of.

@TwilightZone

You need to keep that heat above 64 or you risk the plants going into shock and turning hermie.
Take it from experience been there done that.

Will

2 Likes

@DoobieNoobie @TwilightZone garrigan is Correct. Although cannabis can withstand a wide variation of temperatures, and survive itā€™s not recommended for the best yield. You could end up with a hermie as well.
My personal experience on a clone that was a male, in the veg phase could withstand temperatures down to 37Ā° as long as it warmed up. If this were in flower Iā€™m not so sure it would have survived.

Thanks for the good info. Thatā€™s why I love this place. Thereā€™s no question Iā€™ve seen or thought of that someone here canā€™t answer. Iā€™ll have some days this winter that will probably be pretty cool in my grow room so I had wondered about the temps to. Good to have a solid answer. I think Iā€™ll run my lights at night just to keep the highest temps possible during lights out.

I tried growing outdoors up here, albeit I started too late. Once the temps got cold & stayed cold, I didnā€™t get hermies, but flowering basically halted for a few weeks. Then, a few weeks after it started again (moved it my camper & put a light on it overnight), the plants froze.

Poor plants.

When u say that your plants froze are you saying that they died? Or just did th flowering just stay where it was? I am gonna get a little heater for my shed, I just hope itā€™s not to late, my plants seem fine now so hopefully I havenā€™t messed them up yetšŸ˜

They literally turned into pot-cicles. Early October in Alaska is cold.

I pushed them as long as I could. Donā€™t give up on them until you have to. :grinning:

1 Like

Update on my pineapple kush plants, thankfully the cold temps didnā€™t cause any of my plants to go into hermie, I put a little heater in my grow shed so I think everything is going to work outšŸ˜€ right now I am about six weeks into flower and the plants are 102 days old today.

2 Likes

Looking good. Definitely keep those ladies warm.

Nice! They look healthy, too.

Thanks!! They are in week 6 of flower and I just did a pretty heavy trim, I was just worrying that I got a little carried away. Is it ok to trim when they are this far along in flower??