Question about splitting stem

A Z is better than Z-ro (see what I did there) :+1:

7 Likes

Up to 20% increase in THC production.

3 Likes

Might do it. On the one. Tomorrow. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hey @Hogmaster do you think it is possible to split the stems on these plants? Just about all of the pics I’ve seen there is a descent amount of space before the first node. My plants don’t have any space before the first node so I don’t have a clean space to split it.
Here are some pics of my stalks. Is it possible to split these?

1 Like

Maybe not the last picture but the others look do able.
Just sweep a Lil dirt out from stalk cut put your zip tie and recover if need be

To be honest with you whenever I split them I go from the soil to the first of the branches break through right there shove your stem through or whatever you’re using so from soil up that whole inch and a half you got there that’s where I would split it that’s where I’ve always split mine

2 Likes

I think I’ll give it a shot on a couple of them. See how it goes from there. The last pic is the one I really wanted to try it on but I’ll probably let that one be since there isn’t any space between the soil and the first node.
Thanks for your input🤙

Do you want to or three days prior and see if you can tell a difference and I’m sure you’ll be splitting the rest of them after you see what it does

2 Likes

I just got to time it right. I’m just over 8 weeks in flowering, starting to get mostly cloudy but still quite a few clear. Was hoping they would be done next weekend but starting to think it will be a few more. I don’t want to split them to early.

Ww auto correct

Getting as close as you are you want to make sure to check because they will go from cloudy and milky to Amber overnight so if you don’t look at it for three days it could be completely Amber by then just keep an eye out on it every day You will be happy I just yielded 2.88 ounces of my last white widow auto

2 Likes

They are photo white widows.
I try and check them every day just to be safe. I do still have quite a few clear. Fingers crossed next weekend they will get shopped down.

1 Like

@Jmesser80 you might find some info towards the end of @matthew420 's journal, he grew WW photos and manipulated the light cycle a bit towards the end to give the trichromes a nudge along

I can personally verify his Grow was good :grin:

ILGM White Widow Fem Grow - #1226 by Capt_Seeweed

5 Likes

I’ll take a gander see if I can’t pick up any tips. Thanks for the link :+1:

2 Likes

Smurf stoner! Yours is killer as well :smiley:

1 Like

@Hogmaster so I finally split my stems after a long wait for the trichomes to change over.
How did I do?

6 Likes

Looks like a successful split to me

1 Like

Good pic​:+1::frog:

Anyone doing Top stem splitting for decreased height restrictions?

I top, LST, and super crop for my height restrictions

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like