Question about splitting harvest

@MattyBear @Covertgrower @dbrn32 I was wondering if I can harvest 3/4 of my plant after 48/72 dark and return to 12/12 and let the other 1/4 grow to get to couchlock. Wondering if it is possible or a waste of herb?

3 Likes

I know you didn’t tag me, but…Fo sho, bro…search “staggered harvest” on this forum, lots of folks do that. Not sure about the lighting, though. The only one coming to mind for sure was @Willd, on his outdoor monsters. That’s about the only way to get it all mature on big ladies like that. I wouldn’t bother with the dark cycle, but just do your harvests right before lights on before things get going. How big is the plant?

5 Likes

@Dman1969 yes you can.
Another thought to add, a lot of times the lower flowers aren’t finished yet. You can remove what’s ready, and leave the rest to ripen more.

5 Likes

I agree. Don’t bother with dark period. Keep them on 12/12 and take whatever is ready when its ready.

5 Likes

@elheffe702 at 2 to 3 weeks from harvest

5 Likes

Looks like a good candidate, lots of nice stuff up top, but the bottom will fatten up a lot once it’s getting all the light. Good plan. I say go for it :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks y’all saved me once again. I was fixin to mess up!!! :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand: ILGM forum is the growers paradise!¡!¡! :+1::+1:

7 Likes

Thanks for getting in on this and I will tag you in the future. I’m only on my second grow I’ve got a lot to learn but y’all make it so easy. I’m open to all suggestions. :v::sunglasses::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

All top colas :star_struck:

3 Likes

That’s the plan and there’s a lot of stuff still goin on down low y’all got me stoked!! :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Agree with @dbrn32 about not bothering with a dark period. Won’t change anything. If you can split those upper stems a few days before harvest though you will boost trich production there.

The ILGM DownEast 12 - #963 by Willd

5 Likes