Question about rust fungus

I have what I think is rust fungus orange build up on leaves and leaves are so brittle you can snap them in two. Anybody have any idea were it came from and what i should do to get rid of it @Countryboyjvd1971 @Familyman420 @garrigan62 @Donaldj @Aquaponic_Dumme

Strain; Type, Bag seed

Age from Sprout:Sprouted 1/9/18 ish

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:Dr earth POTting soil 5 gal grow bags

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? twice weekly knuckle test or by weight

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: water ph 6.4 did slurry test on soil 6.5

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: ok 360 if i did it right nectar of the gods- greek feeding schedule.

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

Light system, size and height from plants: 2 600watt viperspectura 16-18"

Temps; Day, Night: day 75ish night 67

Humidity; Day, Night:40%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: circulation fan and small exhaust fan but i have neg pressure in tent

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: no

Co2; Yes, No: no

2 Likes

@Rexx

First, rust is a fungi. it is opportunist. it preys on unwell plants. if something is a miss, rust is a sign. rust has been identified to have 7,000 species. it attacks crops of every description. but we’re only interested in one variety aren’t we?
if rust is present early in a grow, you have problems as it’s an indicator something in your room is a miss. usually ventilation. go through your system and double check things are in place and working properly.
rust is an air borne fungi. if given the opportunity, it WILL take hold. it usually does during flower as this is when the plants immune system is at its weakest as its energies are concentrating on re-production, not survival.
depending on what part of the grow you get it, you can cure/minimize it with either chemical or natural remedies.
it enters the leaf via the stomata and then it’s off and running.
fungacides used are generally copper based and include; thriram, manzecob, maneb or zineb at 10 day intervills.
organic;

TRY USING

baking soda, 1 tea spoon/ quart of water. spray on.
copper sulphate, read lables.
fungacidal soap sprays;
garlic sprays, 1/2 cup minced garlic, 1 quart of water. let sit 24hrs, strain, spray.
sulphur, one of the best natural sprays. it is low in toxicity.
micro kill, a citric based killer. i use this with great success

3 Likes

I ordered some spray Is it ok to smoke buds after applying this stuff after drying and curing Garden Safe Fungicide3 Concentrate from amazon

@Rexx

I wouldn’t you can wash your plants in a tub.
Better yet check this video out.

Will

3 Likes

A couple of those treatments (H2O2 and baking soda for instance) are pretty safe but washing your harvest is smart to do just on general principles.

What would you recommend its not powdery its like scale and the stuff i ordered isn’t safe to smoke

I’em not clear on what you ordered ? There @Rexx