Question about pistils?

@beachglass thats a good one i like it

3 Likes

Cheers :beer:

4 Likes

This forum is epic LMAO, finally a community with a common interest, not just trolling and Im right your wrong stuff here!!! Y’all are awesome.

5 Likes

So both plants are now popping flowers everywhere and the plant that was reluctant to show pre flower pistils is a very healthy girl. Just did some defol today and got a real good look at her goodies and she’s going to be just fine.

Never done any autos before but I just received my latest seed and it looks like I messed up and ordered some autos. Looks like I’ll be doing some 1/2gal cannabonsai plants using the auto seeds I ordered.

3 Likes

Glad to hear it! I running my first auto right now. I’m using a 3 gallon rain science bag, and Grow Dots in ProMix HP. Just water and watch. Have fun with them!

3 Likes

Have you done anything different with the lighting schedule? I was thinking about starting the auto and just throwing her in with my 12/12 schedule flower room and seeing what happens. Would or could it work?

1 Like

I have mine running on 18/6 in my veg tent.

1 Like

And yes. You can grow autos (or photos) on 12/12 from seed. I believe @MattyBear does that.

2 Likes

The little babies are growing up. :frowning:

3 Likes

So here goes a 10 day comparison

Dec 12

Dec 16

Dec 22

I’m very impressed with the growth after switching them to 12/12 lighting

3 Likes

Another quick update.

1 Like

All of the bud sites are now showing their pistil crowns and looking more impressive every day. I’m now about 2 weeks into flower and decided to let my 4 other seedlings join them in the flower environment, little cannabonsai trees I guess. They’re only about 8” talll and have also begun to flower now. I don’t have enough light for 3 full plants yet so they’re just going to catch edge light from the 2 100w leds that are in there along with some cheap Home Depot 42w fixtures that max out at 350ppfd @ 6” height. Time will tell lol happy holidays everyone.

So these pictures are from today, I’m noticing the new growth is slightly more yellow than I’ve seen before with this plant, it’s darkened up with age before these just seem a bit light to me.

I’m not having any issues other than I just feel like it may be lighter than before.
Please feel free to let me know thoughts on these plants. I enjoy reading everyone’s opinions as it helps me to broaden my knowledge and understanding of this wonderful world of cultivation.

2 Likes

Looks good, and new growth is usually lighter than older growth.

2 Likes

They’re darkening up now with a bit of time. The growth has really been impressive the last few days, my whole ass house has started to stink seemingly overnight. Time for a filter and some exhaust I think, anything reasonably priced you’d recommend?

1 Like

I use AC Infinity filters and exhaust. Not sure about how “reasonable” they are, but they make good stuff.

1 Like

That’s what I was looking at. The vivosun in-line fan I have is noisy enough to drive the sanest of people mad lol. Even behind closed doors it sounds like a jet getting ready to take off lol. My budget is kinda blown at the moment after ordering a hood light. I went with a Green Beams GB240. Best bang for the Buck that I Gould find $177 shipped and it has a really impressive ppfd map

2 Likes

Fresh pics after their long night in. Lol

5 Likes

The white widow and original skunk #1 seeds popped and sprouted a 1/2” tail in 36-48 ish hours, they got a heapin helpin of mycorrhiza inoculant from trifecta healthy growing it’s the RHIZOPHAGUS IRREGULARIS @ 50 spores/gram. Each got about 2.5 grams in their solo cups to get em started. They’re started in FFOF that was rinsed a few times prior to using since FF is a bit hot for some of my seedlings. I do like the soil tho. I also just dropped one of my violet kush autos today. It’ll be going straight into my flower room once it’s established recieving 12 on 12 off for its whole life. I’ll keep these plants updated here on this thread if anyone is interested. These are seedsman white widow and original skunk#1 and are REGULAR seeds I only dropped 1 of each, the violet kush is from garden of green seeds, I plan on mothering the WW and bulking the skunk up enough to get clones before it finishes outside. The next drop will be 2 og kush 2 granddaddy black from royal queen and 2 pineapple mimosa from Boston farmers. Can’t wait for this new light to come in and really get it cracking.

3 Likes

Update on the girls in flower. I feel like the pics say enough!

They are developing well.

1 Like