Question about Outdoor vs indoor

From what I have read outdoor plants produce more than indoor plants. Is this true? If it is why?

Indoors we control every aspect of the environment; attempting to optimize everything.

The outdoors environment is uncontrollable and unpredictable.

1 Like

No light will ever completely replicate the sun.

7 Likes

I can grow a 15’ plant outdoors. I can grow monsters indoors also but I live in domes with 26’ tall ceilings…

2 Likes

Nobody beats Mother Nature!

2 Likes

The sun cannot be replicated. Neither can the space of the outdoors unless you have a warehouse to grow in. There’s also the veg time. Indoors we typically veg around 2 months where outdoors they’re vegging for around 5 months.

4 Likes

I don’t know

I was in the outdoors a while back
I have to say, the resolution was outstanding, but the gameplay was meh

3 Likes

There must be a greater loss ratio when growing outside. Are more plants lost because of animals, bugs & unfavorable weather conditions?

1 Like

There is. But when you can plant 20-100 plants outdoor and restricted to 2-20 indoor (average indoor grower, not commercial) the losses don’t mean much when you’re harvesting that much.

4 Likes

Good point.

Yes absolutely, and don’t forget bud rot. Most people don’t grow in north central California where the weather is perfect for outdoor growing, so most outdoor growers are used to losing some of their crop to bud rot and mold

3 Likes

i would plant roughly 100 plants and harvest on average 30- 40 plants. its amazing but almost always it was a 50 50 males vs. females mother nature knows what she’'s doin…

4 Likes

Yes , I agree absolutely been there done that outside more change of Bud rot , Pest , thieves., cops, hard Wind and Rain breaking plants down. I’ve even had varmints dig holes out because they smell blood meal an bone meal in the soil. In a unfriendly State I’ve never had the opportunity to just set plants out on the front deck. I have harvested some nice plants outside but I’ve lost my share also. I love my 4 x 4 indoor space. Happy growing !

3 Likes

Well i have for the first time myself 6 plants going outside. When flower comes i tried to think a small bit ahead of the game and have plants in spots where it wont be super bad to tarp off the plants lol. One set is against a garage wall in full sun all day and 4 are kinda more in open area but mostly blocked in by chicken wire and steel poles so i can drape tarps over them plants if need be also. So i tried to plan a bit ahead but bugs is whats gonna worry me. So far it dont seem to have any bugs but a few big ass house spiders ill kill from time to time and a shit ton of skeeterz because of the flowing creek behind the house. Think i should use the creek water to water the plants as it is all any runoff rain water that glows to the lakes or what not

2 Likes