Question about nutrient readings?

Ok Bobby this looks a little better I think is this the report I’m looking for??
Thank you

That looks right. It’s 4ppm for potassium. I’ll have to look at the other report in a little bit and I’ll get back to you. To gas off chlorine, just leave the water to sit out for 24hrs before use. Or you can get an air pump and air stone and it can gas it off within a few hours.

1 Like

Ok sounds good
Wow just when you think you have everything filed in,I seem to learn something new every day
Much appreciated for all the info.

All salts in liquid are additive. If a given TDS is called out on a grow schedule; that’s the target. This is one reason why growers use R/O to control everything that goes in to it.

Also; municipal water supplies may vary greatly from one day to the next.

1 Like

Quick question
Would it be better to use water from my refrigerator?it’s filtered?
I just heard that tor better of using tap water
Thank you

Really it depends on the quality of your municipal water supply. I moved from the Central Coast in California this last summer and the town I was in delivered water to my tap at 550 ppm! I HAD to use R/O. I’m now in Colorado and the TDS of my muni water is 130 so I can live with that. But when I mix nutes it’s to the published target TDS of 900 ppm.

1 Like

Odd. That is also the ppm of my coors light. You getting that cold filtered, cold packaged Rocky Mountain lager sent to your tap? I knew I loved Colorado, Lol.

@Sincitytoker, that report isn’t very detailed to tell where all the ppms are coming from. As myfriend stated, it may be beneficial to go to RO water. At least then you know exactly what’s in your water. RO buddies are very affordable (and portable) and connects to any normal faucet. I don’t have any normal faucets in the house so I have mine set up on my patio.

https://www.amazon.com/Aquatic-Life-Changing-Deionization-Cartridge/dp/B00204CQF6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?adgrpid=59747477007&dchild=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgZO94ujB7QIV0oZbCh1IZAc3EAAYAyAAEgKv8PD_BwE&hvadid=274705667483&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=1026481&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=7662756740654677415&hvtargid=kwd-308690621161&hydadcr=29824_10192628&keywords=ro+buddie&qid=1607548489&sr=8-1-spons&tag=hydsma-20&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyUFZKVEVJVFRaV0NBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjg0NDI0MVhIR1hMUjE2NkRJWCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODgzNjA4RDBVQjhBMEpaQU9HJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

1 Like

There’s a lot to love about Colorado and being able to fill a glass from the faucet and drink it down is a big plus. Being at 7,110 feet is not so much haha.

Hello everyone
So should I use tap water or filtered water?
I honestly don’t know how to read what the heck is in my tap water so I’m wondering if I should use my filtered water from my refrigerator
What do you guys think?
My tap water is at 420/ppm

I doubt your filtered water from the fridge is much better than your tap. My tap is about 470, my fridge filter brings it down to around 400, still sucks, so I use RO (reverse osmosis) water that is under 15ppm.

Do you know of any small or non expensive set up that I can use?I would need it just for my watering?
Also would it be a horrible idea to use my tap water even if my ppm is at 420?
Thank you

You could get a RO filter, something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Aquatic-Life-Changing-Deionization-Cartridge/dp/B00DOG63OY/

Or maybe you can buy RO water. There are water stations all around my city that sells RO water at $1 for 5 gallons.

I used my tap water for years before moving to RO water so yes you can use it but my plants are so much healthier now with RO water.

I use a PUR water filter. Works like a champ.

1 Like

Thank you hellraiser
Great info
Just did a little research and that r/o system you sent me looks like all I need
Much appreciated

1 Like

Oh yeah the altitude, lol. I bought some of that air in a can when I was there. Going from 11ft above sea level to around 6000ft had me a little winded.

I moved your other posts to this thread to keep clutter down. This is your space so post any and all questions here please.

1 Like

I’m not sure your filtered fridge water would be much less. Check your ppm on that

I went from 98 feet to this haha. We take naps daily! And there’s a lot of stuff that is hard to do just because you can’t catch your breath.

1 Like

Lol
I need to move to colorado

1 Like

I think it would be better for my plants to just get a cheap R/O
I just ordered one and receiving it tomorrow
I’ll let you guys know how it all turns out
Thank you all

1 Like