Question about nutrient readings?

@jetlag
Ok sir let’s see if I’m reading this correct
I’m in flower so should be in the color yellow
Currently I’m running about 76*F and 50% H
That gives me a cod of 1.43 correct?
Which is ok for flower stage I’m in?

Well if you are using the 75.2 scale and 50%RH, you would have a 1.49 and if using the 77F scale, you have 1.59. Either way, all that matters is that you are in your range for flower at that Temp/RH combination. leave the RH the same and move up/down on the temp. scale and you can see when you leave your golden range.

Sounds good
Thank you
Very much appreciated @jetlag @ashhhh

1 Like

My pleasure, we are all learning here. I haven’t paid much attention to the charts, not as easy to keep up with or control in a greenhouse. Right now it is 69F and 59% Rh for my GSCE girls in full bloom, so a bit moist. I do have a dehumidifier running full time, and my last piece of “resistance”, a nice big fan blowing on them. My very first grow I had an early attack of Bud rot, not pretty. it was in the middle of summer, hot and about a week of rain. Humidity was in the 90% range and I didn’t know enough to see what could happens, and it happens very fast. You can counteract a whole bunch of “oh shit” with a nice fan blowing on them. Keeps the fungus spores from taking hold.

1. List item

How about adding another dehumidifier or maybe one with more outputwould that help you out?

It is actually a very nice Honeywell unit, runs continuously without needing to be drained. The greenhouse is pretty good size and lots of leaks, but with it and the fan I feel good about keeping the rot away

You know as long as the job gets done that’s all that matters at the end of the day haha

1 Like

@Not2SureYet
I watered yesterday I have 4 plants look pretty good and the other 4 were the runts but still went with so are not doing as good as the other 4 but anyway I watered with nutrients 6.0 ph and 620/ppm going in
In the 4 good plants 6.7 ph and 1600-1700/ppm out the 4 not so good and showing deficiencies
6.0 ph with nutrients and 620/ppm going in
6.7 PH 1020-1300/ppm…
I have never checked my ppm run off or ph runoff,with all the reading I have done hear in the past week it sounds like something you should do every water to see what your plant is telling you
So do you think I should flush?
Or just keep doing what I’m doing?
I’m using the GH flora trio series with calmag
And using Royal gold kings mix soil

1 Like

Btw I’m in end of week 5 of flower

1 Like

I hate to say it but I don’t know there. From what I see here a lot. A lot of the soils seems to come hot. So I am not sure where that would leave you run off wise. With coco. I start with a nutral base. @Myfriendis410 any thoughts for him. You have used the GH too

Here’s another vpd chart that is a little easier to read, especially if you’re colorblind.

1 Like

In soil at 5 weeks in flower I would want my runoff to be around 2,000 ppm. It sounds like, based on runoff numbers that you could bump the feed up some: 900 to 1,000 ppm with the GH base 3 and cal mag/silica. PH to a bit higher at 6.3 to 6.5.

@Myfriendis410
Right on thank you much
What ppm should I be feeding from here on as far as weeks6,7,8,9?

If you continue to monitor runoff you will actually see salt levels rise in the runoff later in flower: this is an indicator that you should start tapering off nutes ahead of harvest. PH should start to drop too and then it’s a matter of looking at the plant to see when to stop lowering nutrient load.

Ok thanks for advice
Very much appreciated
I going to feed them 2,000/ppm from here on out

That’s too high. Just maintain based on 2,000 ppm runoff. I would not ever feed higher than about 1,100 ppm.

Oh shoot ok cool

@Nicky
I just found out about auto pots about a week ago and sounds like something I would like to use
Can you explain how they work?
I see you feed from the bottom which I have never heard either
Does it work pretty much like top feed other than just feeding for the bottom?
Thank you

1 Like

I came across this thread, as im investigating ro filters. Did you end up going that route?

1 Like