Question about nutrient readings?

With Jacks its the same ppm throughout all stages. The plant will talk to you. If you see signs of too much nute burn, then dilute your mix for next feeding. I started with 950-1050 ppm but decided to lower it to 800-900. a difference of 50 wont make a huge difference really. sometimes i get 840 and sometimes 900, its all within the same range I still give it to the plant. See what your plants like and go from there.

No, just feed until you get about 20% runoff of your pot size. so 20% of 5 gallons is 16 cups.

1 Like

@ashhhh
I had it opposite lol
I thought when your looking for 10%_20% run off that your looking for 10-20% from the amount of water you used to water the plant not the pots size👍 Good to know

Thats what I thought too, until someone else advised me otherwise. I think its so that you can ensure the bottom 20% has been replaced with new mix. I stopped caring about being precise as long as you get a decent amount of run off.

@ashhhh
Quick question
What is your feed schedule from seedling to harvest? Using the jacks 321?
Seedling-
Veg-
Flower-
Thank you

Feed every time at full strength from the get go.

Seedlings start at week 2

Just plain water for the first 2 weeks?

After I germinate the seeds and put them in the solo cup, I just put like an oz of water around where I transplanted for the roots to try and reach to it. place a a clear dome over the solo cup (I use clear cups).
Mist once or twice daily, inside the clear cup, depending on how much condensation is inside the clear cup. until you start seeing growth and ready for transplant.

you want the medium to act like a sponge, maintain moisture but not wet.

@Sincitytoker @jetlag Here is my journal. I asked a lot of questions there and you’ll see how i was coached and how I implemented everything I learned with details and charts

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

@ashhhh
Great great stuff
Really appreciate that journal
I’m going to give jacks a try here in about a month or so,if I have any questions I’ll be giving you a ring lol
Thanks again

1 Like

@ash69 @Myfriendis410
How do I read the VPN?
I have 5x5 gorilla tent with 1ft extension on
74F-78F Day/Temp
70F-72F night/Temp
50% Humidity day and night
I’ve seen the chart but very confused on how to read?

Blue is where you need to be during early veg, then transitioning into flower you want to be in the green and so on.

If you’re at 75F and humidity is 50% then your VPD is 1.15 which is good for late veg and early flower.

If you’re at 75F but you humidity is at 75% then your VPD is 0.4 which is in the red. You can see that this is not good for the plants so you would lower your humidity or increase your temp to be in the safe zone depending on where you are in terms of plants stage

@Myfriendis410
I am in week 5 of Flower

Then you need to be in the yellow

Here is another chart that might help

@jetlag
Is anywhere in the green fine?
Or should I shoot for anything specific?

Sorry I meant anywhere in the yellow fine?

This chart shows temperatures in Celsius for our Canadian and European friends, and Fahrenheit for us Americans . Now, take a temperature, lets use 75.2F for example. If you are in the Veg state then look at the first two RH numbers to the left of the temp scale. These are 95 and 90% and if you look at the legend in the bottom, the colors show fungal pathogens, as in possible fungus and other bad things, so you don’t want the humidity that high in veg for any appreciable amount of time. Now, looking at 85-80-75% you see the colors begin to change to a light green. It is still a little too high for your veg plant but now changing to what might be acceptable to your veg plant and the sweet spot for a nursery plant. Now 70-65% appear to be the sweet spot for the plant in veg at that temp. As you decrease the RH colors turn towards a light yellow which is the flower realm for that temperature. From 60 to 45 it is the sweet spot for a plant in flower at that particular temperature. As you go further left towards 40 to 35% colors start getting brownish. legend below says you are entering high stress for the plant. So if your plant in veg is at 50%, at 75F, you are outside the ideal range for that temp and plant stage. it will do ok, just not perfect. Now look at 95F, in veg, you are barely ok, not good , around 80%.in veg .There is not a decent spot to be in at that temperature at 95F By 65% you are entering high stress area, and by 50- 45% the dangerous zone. I was there this past summer with 4 WW photos in the greenhouse. It was a bitch to keep them going, and they never did well of course. The chart gives great/ good/not so good/ and bad temp/RH combinations for the plant in whatever stage it is in. If you plant is in flower and your room temp is 80F and RH is 60%, jump in the chart at 80% or closest to temp, and then move left to your present RH of 60%. it says you are in the sweet spot for flower. Same temp at 45%RH or lower, she is getting in the high stress zone, Same temp and 90%RH, you are possibly looking at bud rot. Notice that with RH of 90% and above, it doesn’t matter what stage you are in, it is not good . With higher temps, above 75F, the far left of the chart is no good with very low RH no matter what stage you are in. Hope this helps, you have me confused, lol. best way in my mind as to how to read it is this. As i mentioned earlier pick a closest temp and RH combination for your plant. based on the colors you will know where you are for any plant stage. 80F/55RH is great for flower but too low for veg. You would be looking to increase the RH to 70-75%. I don’t mention the babies too much since they are not babies for long, and we know they like the higher humidities.

I think I need a drink

Damn I think I need 2 drinks and a smoke now lol