Question about nutes

Question from a fellow grower:

I have a small legal med grow. I am using Advanced nutes sensi grow and bloom line. Everyone says don’t feed the amount that the bottles say. they just want to sell more nutes. I tried that and my yield is less and i am getting yellowing 3 wks into flowering. Also in veg i am getting fan leaves that are light green on the sides but darker along the veins. I am using 600w cree leds and use pro mix.

I downloaded your book to look up deficiencies. It looks like zinc or maybe cal mag because of the leds…I don’t know.

I was also wondering if my ph was off . I only have a bottle of drops and have a hard time analyzing the runoff. The shades of green all look so similar to my eyes. I was also trying to find out optimum R.H. as I am always around 27-30%. Central heating or air conditioning usually on here.

Also why did my blue ak 's fan leaves curl under like a claw when it got the same reduced nutes as the other two strains i have.

Hi - please forward along some pics. I use 1/4 to 1/2 dosage of the flower power mites myself.

The key is getting a digital pH and TDS meter to measure your solution going in and the runoff. PH or the TDS of your soil are likely the problem. The nutes are there but you plant can’t access them.

I totally agree about the drops, it’s wicked hard to dial in what the pH actually is. There is also a support ticket below you can fill out and post for people to help them understand your methods and give suggestions.

Good luck!

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA:

Age from sprout:
Age from flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

How often do I water and how do I determine when to water:

PH and ppm of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS.

Indoor or Outdoor:

Room size:

Light system, size, height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Any other info you think is pertinent:

I agree with sixpackdad it is going to be a challenge without a Good pH meter. Take a little time when you get a meter and get comfortable with calibrating it. Also good to have a 7 pH solution just to verify occasionally. Good luck

Hi - didn’t notice this was a sales rep. Can this person get a user name and login to this support forum?

They have to join. But solid advice. That pH is probably the cause. Even tho fed with same water/feed, diff root system in soils of diff plants do different things. A good Apera Meter is beyond highly recommended

PH n PPM Meter set is critical. Buy online for $20.