Question about nearby hemp field

I have a hemp field within 100 yards of my house. First time grower of 2 blueberry autos. I did a partial harvest of one and chopped the other at 11 weeks. All those buds were pollinated. Left the one out and here it is at 14 weeks. Does it look pollinated again and can I use the seeds from my previous harvest considering they were pollinated by a hemp strain?

1 Like

Not sure about the hemp question, and I see that you have aphids on your buds. Keep an eye on that so as not to get an infestation of them.

1 Like

What is the best way to get rid of the aphids?

Hemp will pollenate your buds and result in seeds. Those seeds will be a hybrid of the hemp and whatever your plants are. The hybrid seeds will likely result in plants with much lower THC levels. If the original plants are Autos, then the resulting seeds will produce plants that are both lower in THC and prone to herming.

4 Likes

So planting those seed is probably not a good idea?

3 Likes

I would not bother…that said, I am in indoor grower and anything that I grow must be productive to be worth the expense of the electricity and nutrients.

If I were an outdoor grower I might give it a try just for grins. :grin:

1 Like

While most say not to add any treatments when flowering, I have read and some posted here that they do use this product even in flowering:

Central Coast Garden Products CCGC1004 Green Cleaner Natural, Spider Mite, Aphid, and Whitefly Control

1 Like

Thank you both for the advice much appreciated, can anyone tell me by the pictures if these buds are pollinated?

I am not certain as I have not had any plants that have been pollenated.
Perhaps @Covertgrower or @aaa could advise…

1 Like

If you live that close to a hemp farm you can forget about growing cannabis outdoors. In fact, you can forget about growing it unless you grow indoors and draw all your air into your grow room through a HEPA filter to remove pollen from the air. That farm next to you will potentially be impregnating any cannabis plant that is within 10 miles downwind of it.

5 Likes

To be considered hemp the plants must test below something like 3% thc. So basically you’ve got a bunch of seeds that are mostly likely going to be low THC because of the hemp, and lower CBD than the hemp because of the mother. Basically the worst possible compromise.

2 Likes

Definitely looks like seeds in there, and as someone else stated, if it’s pollinated from a hemp farm, might as well give up growing outside.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the advice and info still have some seeds left from ilgm, I hope next year the farmer switches back to corn or soy beans otherwise I may have to find a new place to grow.

2 Likes

Looks like seeds to me…