Question about mixing Jacks and storing for future use

Going on vacation and i’m going to mix up my nutes for a buddy to water while i’m gone. Is it OK to mix in advance? @BobbyDigital @MeEasy @Myfriendis410 @Budz @dbrn32 @Covertgrower

1 Like

Some use wave makers, bubbles or pumps to keep their nutrients mixed. That’s the only stipulation. Gotta keep em mixing. I’m not sure how long that lasts. I know @Hellraiser uses a wave makers in 5gal at a time. Which isn’t all used st once every time

2 Likes

I have noticed that Jacks will creep up in pH.
I mix in plain RO water and it hits 5.7 or 5.8 every time. (Growing in coco so its perfect)
Next day its 5.9 and next its 6.1 or so.
Even so it works fine with no issues. I didn’t re adjust at first because I didn’t know it was creeping up.
I don’t keep it agitated either.

2 Likes

When I use my tap I’ve stored it up to 5 days and the ph remained constant. But I didn’t need to add any ph adjusters because when I use tap and mix the jacks it naturally settles at 6.52

2 Likes

I would teach him how to check and adjust ph.

3 Likes

Yeah I use a wavemaker to keep the water/Jacks moving, ph starts at 5.8 (for coco) and creeps up with time, a couple days later it’s at 6.0, a couple more days it gets to 6.2 at which point I’ll take it back down to 6.0 before feeding. I usually only do 4 days worth at a time.

4 Likes

Me too: it was such a cool instrument that I bought another one just for mixing Jack’s. Other than monitoring PH you should be fine.

3 Likes

Yeah love the wavemaker and you were the one to point me to that device, thanks again!

I like the not having to stir with Jacks, just throw in the part A and let it mix a few minutes, then throw in the epsom, a few minutes later the part B. I was getting tired of all the stirring LOL so that worked out great.

5 Likes

Damn, my epsom takes forever to dissolve. I usually throw in the part A and epsom in the morning of water day. Then later in the afternoon throw in the part B and go.

1 Like

I agree the epsom takes forever, and I’ve mixed it up to a day in advance, but there’s settling. A wave machine would definitely keep things dissolved. I didn’t verify ph.

1 Like

I use a waverunner to mix jacks. 4-5 gallons at a time. What I don’t need I pump into a gallon jug and keep in the the refrigerator. It is great if going into the autopot reservoir. Cools things down. If over a day before useing, will recheck ph and bring to 5.9 - 6.0 (either coco or peat)

1 Like

Where do i find a waverunner? @Hellraiser @beardless

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/AQUANEAT-Wavemaker-Circulation-Submersible-Powerhead/dp/B07YTGPLK3/?tag=greenrel-20

@Hellraiser it was @Not2SureYet that pointed me to them. I also like that they draw much less power than an air compressor/stone.

2 Likes

Thank you all for the Info guys!!

1 Like

This is the one I use.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UA7NQR2?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image