Question about Kind Soil

Yeah there’s a ton of products out there for sure. I used pure happy frog in solo cups then when I up potted to 3g I mixed all their soils together. Working out nicely for me, I’m really just curious about other stuff. Something that can give a nice boost for late flowering. I know my soil nutrients could burn out by then and I want to avoid liquid ferts. I’ll be in 7g pots for flower. That’s quite a bit of soil for a ~5 foot plant, I think. Maybe I’ll just top dress with ocean forest towards the end…

what you’re describing though IS the Kind Soil system. i don’t know that any of these other hot soils have the proper nutrients for flowering in them. the plant’s needs change during flower. that’s also the beauty of dry nutes - you can use any soil and during flower just top dress twice that that’s it

If I uppotted 2 weeks before flip, roughly how many weeks do you think 7gallons of ocean forest could get me? What’s the best stuff to top dress with? I’d rather top feed than bottom feed
Not sure why, just seems better to me.

i have no idea but again the needs of the plant change and ocean forest i believe is formulated for grow, not bloom. you’re supposed to start feeding when the PPMs from runoff are under 900 I believe, but i don’t use FOFF. you could top dress a week before bloom with dry amendments without transplanting. some organic dry amendments are made by FF, Dr Earth, Earth Dust, Gaia Green, Mother Earth. some of them only tell you amend at flower and then one more time into flower and that’s it. now if you potted with dry amendments mixed in from the get go you shouldn’t have to even check PPMs. amend at the start in the soil, then top dress at or before flower and then one more time in flower. make sure your water is carbon filtered and 6-7ph. doesn’t get much easier. in theory lol.

i just came in from prepping four more 5 gallons. i left my Kind outside though and it dropped below freezing… now i’m not sure what to do. bleh.

I have a full game plan for up potting. Waters phed. Just wondering a good top dressing. I’ll throw a few inches of ocean forest on there should be good. Also looking into compost teas. I have the full line of liquid nutes if I really wanted to. Also have a good amount of strawberry fields left. Supposedly that’s for flowering, but I’m using it now with OF and HF. Like I said I mix them all evenly throughout my grow.

1 Like

check out the brands i mentioned, they all have bloom formulas. Roots Organics probably has something too

I will , i have plenty of time until I flower, haha. Going to read up now. Appreciate you helping !

1 Like

Ok using roots original with great successes. Very Little nutrients needed.

1 Like

Can anyone have just a basic soil +dry amendments mix receipe???

1. Soil Brand:
  2. Dry amendments (Gaia Green)<example

I have 4 seeds in solo cups now about to pop up but I am using kind soil with coco loco on top when I transplant. I used ff happy frog last grow and I had great success but I wanted to try something different so I am excited to see how the kind soil does.