Question about indoor/outdoor transition

I use root stimulators (Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice) but never heard of Wildroot.

You could try the seed starting method I use that I’ve detailed in my grow journal.

https://ilgmforum.com/t/hellraiser-grows-gorilla-glue-and-other-stuff/42902

Cool, I’ve got plenty of time to get it figured out. I’m digging into your journal ASAP.

Thanks for help!

R

1 Like

That’s what we’re here for, to help people grow some bud, see ya.

You’re the beast !!

https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Farm-FX14080-Ocean-Forest/dp/B00CJJ8N3G

Is this the one?

Yes, Ocean forest, good stuff.

Is there a way to DM you, I was trying to attach a short video, but I guess that’s prohibited.

Anyway, I’ve got three Motorbreath seedlings that are barely sticking their tongues out so there’s a little more soil over them.

The other six are White 99 that have tails that .5 long, so I followed your advice to the T except for the water. I put just enough water to firm up the surface

Will the seeds with tails survive if I plant them thusly?

Thanks!

Yes, plant them tails down like your drawing, no DM’s here but you can get my attention by putting @Hellraiser in your post.

HI,NOVICE HERE I looked over the posts & guides, but I couldn’t find the information I need. This year I am trying to start my seedlings indoors, then transition them outdoors. I am on the PA/Central Border. When setting up my lighting, do I use a standard 18/6 - 20/4 lights on/off, or should i try to match the amount of daylight at the time I estimate I will be moving them outside? I know that if the dark period is interrupted it can cause it go hermaphroditic, or begin to flower prematurely. SO I am looking for some guidance, Also, this will be a guerilla grow and I have concerns about deer. Any suggestions? All strains I am using are ILGM : Blue dream, durban poison, super lemon haze, purple haze, northern lights, and AK47 autoflower Any insight is truly appreciated Thanks

1 Like

I use 24/0 for sprouts/seedlings for a couple weeks to keep the temp in the tent warm and stable, don’t want them to get too cold at night.

1 Like

Hi,
I started a bit early and now have beautiful plants starting. I plan on transferring outdoors near June 01 or before. So they have a month to grow yet. Should I transplant them into a bigger container or should they be okay in the 12 ounce container they are in.
Thanks
Ger

1 Like

Did you ever get an answer to your question about light schedules?

1 Like

No, but I kind of figured it out. I just set a date to transplant outdoors, then checked the length of day on record for that day, and matched it. So I should be in good shape. Thanks. Just hoping they’re large enough to top & clone.

2 Likes

I saw those when I went to Northampton Massachusetts. At least I was yold they were for curing tobacco. The buildings looked kinda like grain silos with opening pannels all around. Does that sound right?

1 Like

The secret is not to think about daylight, but hours of darkness. I transition my indoor 18/6 to outdoor 16/8 and plant out my Xmas plants in mid May. That way the darkness is not too long because of dawn and dusk. I live in Southern interior of BC, so we get shorter days than all US states except Alaska. My plants will then veg uninterrupted until August and then flowering begins due to the length of darkness. The greenhouse is essential for long season pot plants here because the frost and rain will destroy bud usually early to mid October. I may need to make it to November for my Sativas to finish?

2 Likes

Could be, but the curing of the dark fired plant is what’s unique to Robertson Co. Tennessee. Here’s a decent piece on it with a great example of a barn that “firing backer.”https://www.robertsoncountyconnection.com/community/robertson-county-tobacco-heritage/article_ce3dd299-a8f1-5061-b6a5-c96beb664b92.html

2 Likes

Nope these drying buildings look like tall round silos! They have moveable shutters. Kinda cool either way. That barn looks line its on fire! Lol

1 Like

So, if you read the piece, the kids they were interviewing mentioned growing “burley“ tobacco. That’s what is used for cigarettes. It’s air cured, like shade tobacco is. That’s what Connecticut Is known for.

Hey man, I wanted re-visit this daylight sync real quick if I could because I’m confused.

So I’ve been on 18/6 with my two oldest plants which are four weeks old. They could go out now if I wanted put them out, or I could wait one more week. Either way, how should I proceed if I don’t want to confuse the plants too, or is that not a concern at four weeks veg?
How do I keep them from freaking out with the current
length of day at 14:51?

Thanks

The only concern is that they might start flowering right away once outside with the reduced hours of light. I’ve had plants flower with 14-15 hours of light. If you don’t want them flowering right away, keep them in a little longer.