Question about hydroponics and nutes

From a fellow grower: I want to ask about growing hydroponically. I have grown in soil for many years but I’ve just bought a 8 pot recirculating bubble system and I want to know if I should use any different nutes that I have in soil. In my soil grow I used Canna grow and Canna flora with a pk 13/14 after 2 weeks of flower. Should I use anything else in hydro.

1 Like

There are a ton of nutes out there. For hydro, Jack’s Nutrients are a hot item that’s extremely affordable if you should have to buy more. I’m not familiar with that brand but maybe @peachfuzz @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 can shed some light on these nutes.(?)

1 Like

Not familiar with those nutrients…
I use the gh line of nutrients without any of the organic additives …
Grow
Micro
Bloom
Cal-mag
Diamond nectar
Armor-si
Hydrogard
Orca
Hormex
And when in flower I also start adding
Not gh
Crystal burst
Magnum
Snowstorm ultra
G-13
Turpinator
And I might be missing something… :thinking:
I know it seems like alot of stuff , but I use it in small amounts…
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Jack’s 3-2-1 is becoming popular now. Two advantages are it’s cheap and you maintain the same value throughout the grow. And, you can run full strength on seedlings. There’s some great Youtube videos by Bruce Bugbee, Professor at Utah State on their research.

Here’s one that is worth watching. The JR Peters used is Jack’s.

5 Likes

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:
Is that all?

1 Like

Hey the pics and results speak for them selves…

I’m actually looking into the Jack’s for cost and eais of use…
But this is what I currently run with awesome results…
1.5 to 3 # with 6 plants in a rdwc setup in a 4x5 double scrogg table with one 6oo watt hps magnetic ballist with a xxxl 8 inch air cooled hood…
I’m definitely not complaining…
My recipe for success is super simple…
A geyco cave man could do it… lol…
I usually run 3 tables and harvest every 3 to 6 weeks depending on strain… :grin::wink:

Very interesting video. Thanks for posting it.

1 Like

I use jacks 321 in my dwc. No problems at all growning good … same mix from start to finish. Love it

one on right is in soil . No jacks

1 Like

Hey brother you don’t have to make a believer out of me. That was all in good fun! :+1:t2::sunglasses:

I can honestly say, I had some of the prettiest plants with Jack’s before I screwed them up.

Trying to get some more seeds going now. I’m starting to think I may need to go back to propagation school. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Cold temps is the biggest problem when germinating seeds…
80 degrees Fahrenheit and 90% humidity…
Keep everything warm…
Like a mamma’s belly… :+1::wink:

1 Like

Think we may have progress. Woo who!

2 Likes

I was going to write exactly this. Only thing I’ll add is that I use their line at a ¼ strength more or less 550ppm veg, 1130ppm 3 weeks of bloom stage. Oh snap as Im writing this, I just realized I recognized your name, lol! Thanks for your continued help. :v::heart:

1 Like

I use to use advanced nutrients iguana juice grow and there iguana juice bloom with a few other things but you have to monitor your ph
So now I use advanced nutrients ph perfect sensi grow part a and b and sensi ph perfect bloom part a and b
Along with some of there other products
If you down load the apt bud labs it help log the week your on and tells you how much nutrients you need and of what mixture for the week your on

Also the iguana juice is organic products

This guy in video has a lot of video on light as well really smart man