Question about HLG 135 Bspec board

As I was getting ready to assemble I saw that the board says “QB 288 Rspec”. Does this mean they shipped the wrong board or that the Bspec uses the same board but with different LEDs? I’d rather not bother assembling it if I just need to return it. If HLG was open now I’d ask them directly but hope someone here has the same light and can check if it says R or B.

I’m not sure, haven’t purchased b-spec board. But i would think you can look at supplemental leds and see if they are blue or red? I’m guessing layout is same so they could very well use same pcb for both.

2 Likes

Double check order and let them know. Im guessing they will get you proper board within a few days. May even allow you to keep r-spec board

1 Like

I have done it enough times that i swear places change my order confirmation email haha.

I have three HLG 260s. I ordered one and another two a little later. HLG mixed up the 2nd order. I only received one and they sent the second after I contacted them. Now here is the funny part. Your post made me curious so I checked the boards on the lights. They are all supposed to be R spec. I am laughing because one of the lights came with B spec boards. I am positive it is not the one I ordered first. As to which one of the second order it is, I have no idea.
I am currently only using two of the lights and will be switching to flower soon. It is good I did because one that I am running is the B board. Now both are Red and ready to flower.
I am OK with having a B spec. Had I not caught it now I wonder how it would have done in flower?

2 Likes

The bspec board should say bspec on them

3 Likes

Bspec boards are clearly labeled as such and have the blue lights. HLG will make it right as rain… And then you will be vegging like a champ!

3 Likes

HLG Bspec and 100 V2 are blue spectrum lights that are for veg only. They help with keeping seedling stretch to a min. and stack nodes tight with good main trunk and root development into late veg. Great for early topping and training. They help build the foundation to great flower and weight red spectrum lights bring to the game in later veg and flower. Bspec / 4000k lighting on it’s own does nothing in flower, all veg baby. HLG even says Veg Only on there website for Bspec and 100 V2 lighting. Now a lot of growers don’t like Blue Spec lighting because it keeps there plants smaller and compact during veg and they want big pretty looking veg plants so they can wave there wood at each other. When I bought my two HLG 100 V2’s @ 4000k at a local grow supply shop in Tulsa they had them forsale at $100 a piece plus tax which was cheaper than the 3000k units and cheaper than HLG on there website. They couldn’t keep the 3000k lights in stock but couldn’t give away the 4000k units. I bought two and got the pair for $200 OTD. I have the two 4000k lights on the job right now going into the third week of veg from helmet head seedlings right now in my 3’ x 3’ tent. When I get to late veg. I will pull the two 100 V2’s out and hang my new dual 260 Rspec rig with a HLG UVA-30 and slam the sun to them for great stretch and rock hard buds. I bet when you were thinking blue you had UV on the brain. There not the same at any level. I’m going to crank up the Rspec’s and let the UVA do it’s thing and put a old school CO2 fish tank generator in the tent and slam this grow hard!!! Good Luck to yeah…

2 Likes

Hell sounds like your on the right track! Heck you can just keep the Rspec they sent you. It will veg bigger and better than the GE’s did new out the box. But know if you do the Bspec your plants wont be as robust looking in veg. They will be more like they were under the GE lights but much more sturdy and compact with purpose and will explode under the Diablo and UVA. You might want to go CO2 and add another Diablo. A 2 liter and 1 liter pop bottle and a couple of feet of vinyl O2 fish tank air hose is all thats needed hardware wise and one packet of yeast and 2 cups of sugar. Mix up the yeast and sugar in the 2 liter bottle. Set it outside for a day or so because when it starts off it will blow some CO2. Then run a line to the 1 liter bottle to the bottom of the bottle and a line out through the cap of the bottle and the smaller bottle acts as a filter and then after a day or so set the rig in your flowering tent with the exhaust line near a fan and the buds will stack and go hard like rocks. Keep a bottom vent open on your tent/enclosure if in the dark and extra CO2 will spill out of the tent before it can get near the plants since it’s heavier than air. And a simple reactor will never make enough to come anywhere close to harming humans. I have used these simple units with cannabis and planted aquariums for years. Thay produce for two weeks or so. I haven’t used one since I got the single HLG 260 because it just wasn’t enough light in my 3’ x 3’ to push with. But with 2 260 Rspecs and UVA-30 I’m going for it! Good Luck…

Would have still worked out but no red in the room with that light. The blue actually will help get some more tricomes production going on. Jaydawg did a grow using a red a d. Lue on one side of the tent was red one side blue and both produced and created more tricomes I do believe the red side had more of a stretch to the plant than the blue side did. The red side produced a little more weight also not alot of difference but a bit more I would do what I could to get some kind of red in on flower time if u choose the b spec. B specs would be great for vegging the plants r spec is red spectrum b sec is blue spectrum so should def be 2 diff boards

Omg :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You nailed it brother!

The B board 260 is furthest in the closet. My first run with huge clones was three plants. Each under its own 260. And like I said, I did not realize one had the B boards in it. In the end I could not tell one plant from the other. However, when I rolled the frames out I often did not put them back in the same order they came out.

@Blastfact @anon53927112 I have a chilled X1 mini Veg spectrum. It is great for getting things started and early veg. I wanted a small light because of space limitations.

1 Like

Amazing customer service. Cost is worth that.

1 Like