Question about growth situation

I have a plastic cup around my sprout, the second set of serrated leafs is starting to come upwards and form a bit, when should I remove the cup? It’s there as a temp dome

2 Likes

Once it’s up it doesn’t need a dome. You can take it off now.Water sparingly, wetting but not saturating the soil and have a fan blow a gentle breeze to strengthen the stem.Good luck!

1 Like

Hmm I dont think a single cup would effect temperature much i agree get it outa there all its doin is blocking light

1 Like

do you mean clear plastic cup? do you mean humidity dome? are you using it still because you have low humidity? i always work my way up to taking off the domes when humidity is a problem. i take them off and see how long they can go without looking stressed. no stress no dome.

2 Likes

Ok, another question lol…should I have my veg option on and my bloom or just veg for my light? It’s about 78 81% humidity 76 degrees.

1 Like

78 humidity you dont need a dome

It’s about 70% now

1 Like

i use them if my humidity is under 50 and i have flower plants going and cant use a humidifier

I switched to a smaller humidifier just now to see how that would do, what should be my threshold for lowest humidity for her? 50?

there is a chart on here. @GreenSnek or @Weedlover1 might have it. i keep forgetting to copy it. i think 50 is too low for a seedling but thats me.

1 Like

you can watch your seedling and if it stretches too tall and its looking for more light use both switches. if it looks like it wants to crawl back in the dirt back that light off. i fried my first seedlings with too much light too close. there is a great beginner category on here. read read read. @dbrn32 can help with lights. @Hellraiser and @Nicky help a lot of new growers.

3 Likes

Yup heres my fave charts

3 Likes

i knew you had to have it. lol

1 Like

Ah I shall save these, be great to have when I optimize with a grow tent and such items. I’m going to keep her at 67% she’s at 73 degrees just keeping the veg light on. Fingers crossed this is my second official time trying this…

2 Likes

1 Like

good luck! dont be afraid to make mistakes. use your @ sign and ask for help if you get stuck. if it wasnt for these people here i would still be cooking my plants

1 Like

Ty! All of you!

1 Like

Veg portion of light should be good for seedlings. When plants get bigger you should probably run both on.

1 Like