Question about fabric pot's

I’m thinking about trying fabric pot’s, are they reusable and how long do they last ? Hopefully I’m not asking a dumb question, just never tried any

2 Likes

No dumb questions here! That’s all I use is fabric pots. You can reuse them several times. Also, they’re cheap so if your too lazy to clean ‘‘em up you can just use new ones…

12 Likes

Exactly what Pinboy said! This is my fourth grow reusing the bags.

6 Likes

Hey Thanks for the information ! Been having a problem with rodents digging up plants, I believe this might help using fabric pot’s

3 Likes

I have those pots inside and outside and with different types of plants. If you’ll need them inside put one of those pot trays underneath. Outside grows I use the drainage trays to keep it off the ground and allow for air circulation.

3 Likes

Good information I’m a outside grower, got to keep that air flowing!

2 Likes

I actually convinced my neighbors ( with a little help from a friend at the Humane Society ) to get kittens that were spayed and neutered. I don’t have a problem with rodents but every now and then I used to see them. Since my neighbors got kittens, Viola…no rodents inside or outside in the greenhouse. I’m not completely sure if they run through my garden at night but I don’t see any droppings. However, they cats jump over my fence and drives my two dogs and two cats crazy! I have two very big dogs and they love the cats…but those cats, not so much.

2 Likes

If you launder them (on a gentle setting) you can add a little vinegar, which will ensure that all of the salts get washed out of the bag.

6 Likes

I have experienced that problem with rodents They actually smell the bone meal and Blood meal in the soil, looking for a meal.

2 Likes

They last a long time after i use mine i soak them then i will pressure wash them then let th dry if u want good bags have a look at basement autos he does some great bags they have eyelets in the bag for u to tie ur tie wire for training

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the information about fabric pot’s, i have tried 5 gallon nursery pots and found my plant’s rootbound before flowering, my plants now are straight into the ground, nice but I lost a couple of plants , think it’s field mice digging at night, then there is the risk of cutworms in the ground, had some beautiful Ladies one year snapped right off at the base sickening! I’m putting some granular insecticide in the bottom of my holes right , so for i haven’t had anymore problem with underground pests , but fabric bags seem to be the best way to go, I’m going to be using them for my next grow :+1:

1 Like

The rain science mesh bags are super nice too. More expensive, but the commercial version isn’t as bad.

1 Like

I would say the roots stay cooler in bags and more air flow than useing regular nursery pots, even though they may cost a little more, you can use them over and over

1 Like

Only thing about bags, and @Underthestairs had a great idea/solution for this, is black ones outside in some regions get hot AF. Cooking the roots is a real concern. I’m fighting 100° weather this week, and he suggested placing them in styrofoam coolers. Other than that, they are an all around great grow vessel. Cheap, reusable, breathable, easy to drain and flush.

2 Likes

That’s one of the main reasons I love the rain science. Very durable white mesh. :metal:

1 Like

I have been using cloth bags for a few years and I love them. I am even doing my veg garden with cloth bags. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

There’s alot of underground pests we don’t actually see this should eliminate this, I had cutworms kill my plant’s and I want to think fungus gnats come out of the ground, so I think it’s a winning solution

1 Like