Question about drying after wet trim

Ok I have a question about drying. I am about 3 weeks out from chopping so i went ahead and bought a 19" bowl trimmer that comes with a 4 layer drying rack just to try it out. I do know that you want your temp and rh about 60. Now since I am going to try this trimmer wet first and there for have to out the buds in the drying rack do I still go for the same temp and rh and I assume the drying time will be less since I will only have buds

2 Likes

Long and slow. 10 -14 days depending on the size of the bud. I leave them on the branch and wait until the stems snap.

Karla will probably let me get one next year.

4 Likes

@oldmarine it won’t have a branch with wet trim you cut the buds off and put in trim bowl to trim it then you put on rack to dry

1 Like

I get. You got you a trimmer. You don’t gotta rub it in…

3 Likes

I have a bowl trimmer and found it gets really gummed up doing a wet trim. So what I do is wet trim bigger fan leaves by hand, hang dry like @oldmarine stated. Then I trim the buds off the branches and use the bowl. Mine came with 2 blades, one for wet trim and one for dry trim…fyi. Works great and you get lots of shake for edibles.

3 Likes

@Highwayman420 thanks alot I figured it would get really gummed up from being wet and all of the sugar mine also comes with 2 blades so I think I better try the dry trim

1 Like

Yes , the more you take off the faster the product will dry. 65ďľź to 68 temperature an Humidity 45 to 50 Works well for a slow dry.

I would suggest trying wet 1st, cut most leaves that don’t have any sugar on them, and give it a spin. Once you get the hang of it it works ok, may need a little QC after dry, depending on your liking.

so I ve done both wet and dry I think it comes down to preference …personally I prefer a dry trim in the spinner i let the buds on the stems i let it dry slow and cold in the tent usually takes 10 ish days once once they are ready give em a spin and bootle em up burp them till they keep a steady 60 humidity level… heck you could try both method and see what works best for you

@Pheno ok I also heard that doing a wet trim makes a sticky mess of the trimmer bowl and after I am done trimmer I will be using grove bags for the cure instead of jars

1 Like

Use of disposable gloves are recommended so its really a personal option Im not familiar with those bags … if it does get all gunky and sticky 99% isopropyl alcohol works to clean . i found if i did a wet trim it was hard to snap the stems and know when to stick in jars … if they go in to wet or dry to fast you’ll end up with some hay smelling weed still smokable … there is probably other spots that can go wrong like mold ive never had it happen well not on the buds at least … Also to note if the buds are airy id recommend doing the trim by hand . just cause youl end up with more trim inside the bowl where it collects… those are my mistakes and what ive learned by doing … It doesn’t mean that will be the case for you

You will love Grove Bags, I’ve been using them for about 6 months. Main thing is for long term storage, I’d heat seal it and put it in the freezer. After the cure of course. I had some AK-47 dry up on me, still smokable but drier than I like.

Yes he has a bowl trimmer yippee. So of us here in poor boy land can’t afford fancy things. Money money where did you go, we saved thousands in our grow. As I watched keif leave the buds when I washed them. How can I recover kief in the future during wash. All buds bathe here after the bugs,crap came off. Can someine help us? @Jeepguy @Highwayman420 @Pheno @kellydans @Dforce

2 Likes

not too sure on this one, @Hellraiser can you help. I know you’ve washed buds before.

2 Likes

If you have to wash, your washing garbage off the buds, so I personally wouldn’t try to save anything.

3 Likes

It would be possible to save the trichs that fell off during the wash using a set of the bubble hash bags.

https://www.amazon.com/BUBBLEBAGDUDE-Bubble-Bags-Gallon-Bag/dp/B00LL6IAWW/ref=sr_1_9?crid=3DB377QD7R5P7&keywords=bubble+hash+bags&qid=1643309478&sprefix=bubble+hash%2Caps%2C668&sr=8-9

3 Likes

Hey thanks for the tag , I’m not a bud washer. Never really had no reason too. There is several members on here that can advise. :v::+1:

2 Likes

Ok it isnt too bad price wise fridge has massive ice maker. We will get one already got 5 gallon buckets

2 Likes