Question about coco

Watering once a day wouldn’t be a problem.
I’ve read where some have to water twice a day.
That would be a little more difficult.

Usually in flower we start watering after lights on and before lights off they really will use the water… like 1 gallon a day per plant. Do you a have nute line in mind, it can increase the budget some with the amount of water a plant will consume over the life… starts out every day but then once starts getting big enough and flower the water demand is there. Also water to run off 10-20% is the norm. At seedling stage you can use less but once up and stabilized the coco will only hold so much. Most coco growers seem to do a transition from a smaller size container to bigger, just to manage water at the beginning. A 5 gallon pot with coco will take a lot of water to run off in the seedling stage and can create other issues, for the little ones.

2 Likes

I hand water in veg. When it’s time to flower I use a simple automated set up, timer,pump, irrigation manifold and water rings I made out of 1/4 tubing. I water 3 times a day in flower

1 Like

I transition from starter pots to 1gallon fabric pots and a week before I flip to flower I put them into 5 gallon pots

Hmm.
Thinking I might get in over my head without the experience.
Maybe I should just try one or two in coco. See how I do. Do the others in Promix/Ff.
Wouldn’t want to waste a whole attempt.
Would that just be dbl the work?
Planning on trying to run 5.

Not that I’m afraid of work.
I’m just the strong back weak minded type…

You got it bro… my first time in coco with Jack’s 321 and I dropped 12… holding onto what looks like 8-10 going into flower… don’t let the watering freak you out, as said you can do an automated system for like under $50. Trust me you did the right thing and we are always here to help man. You got this! I’d start in a 1 gallon or solor cup before the 5 gallon though… I do solo cup to 1 gallon and flower that girl. Everyone does different 1 gallons pots I’ve been watering twice a day in veg now just before the flip

1 Like

@TReynolds17 , thank you for the vote of confidence.
Just hate to waste any more.

This is what I’ve been using.

Seems to be doing ok. I just need to learn to let em be.

Minus the Terpz. Was told that’s for when I go to flower.

Will any of that work in coco?

Or do I need the Jacks?

Nope all personal preference, you’ll see coco user use Jack’s because it’s cheaper buy 25lb bags for between 50-65 (part 1 and part 2)each and Epsom salt can be found anywhere. 3.6gs of part 1 2.4 of part 2 and 1.2 of Epsom salt is the traditional Jack’s formula per gallon, so you’ll see how it’ll last years.

I haven’t had personal experience with any if those other than mammoth, which I like though I switched to tribus original (more expensive though) but it looks like those would be fine for the coco never heard of anything not working in coco just everyone uses what’s readily available or within their own budgets.

1 Like

Got ya.
I’ll try one or two this next rd. See how I do.
I really appreciate the help.
Thank you

No problem brother! If you ever need anything just throw an @ symbol for me and I’ll do my best to help in anyway possible. But looks like you got a good game plan! Enjoy the grow

@TReynolds17 .
Thanks again, Man.
You’ve been very helpful

This is a good place to pick up some much needed knowledge
Lots of good people.

You’ll be fine in coco, just make sure things you are doing are meant for coco. If you start listening to soil grower tell you that you’re feeding to often You’ll probably get into trouble quickly. Make sure its buffered properly, don’t let it dry completely out, and don’t be giving straight water unless followed by feeding. There are guides all over that teach how to grow with coco. Check some of them out.

1 Like