Question about cloning auto flowering

I was told that you couldn’t clone auto flowering plants is this true or not?
Thank you , BrotherBarry

3 Likes

Hello there. It can be done, but since genetics will follow traits, the clones size and development and yield are small

4 Likes

It will root if treated properly, but will hold same flowering schedule as mother, like beachglass mentioned. So not really a matter of whether it can be cloned, but makes very little sense to make effort to do so.

4 Likes

This :arrow_up:

You can clone an auto, but you’ll be disappointed with the results.

4 Likes

Check out Bill Ward on you tube you’ll have to go back 5 or 6 videos but he did it very successfully was pretty interesting he even tried to clone a clone with not much success

1 Like

Just wanted to thank everyone for Informing me on my question about cloning your input will save me a lot of time and effort I appreciate it thanks

3 Likes

Try it if you like. Ive seen good results. IDK why everyone seems to be against it for. Like @dirtydave said,go check out Bill Ward on youtube. He recently cloned a couple of autos that had great results. His clone of a clone,not so much.

1 Like

Yes u can clone autoflowers they will still follow the autoflower grow pattern if u want to watch a video go to YouTube and look up bill ward he clones autos all the time go have a look at it

2 Likes

@Aussie_autos Seems like alot of ppl like to watch ol’Bill Haha🤘🏻

1 Like

He is great he tells ya how it is no BS

2 Likes

@Aussie_autos Yea,I love his training videos

1 Like

As @MidwestGuy and @dbrn32 said. I’ve snapped a few branches and tried rooting one for the heck of it. Made a decent solo cup grow :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Dave how long do you think I have until I Harvest this plant of mine is not doing much anymore while sugar on it

1 Like

@BrotherBarry More than a couple weeks imo,give it some time to fatten up. You can check the trichcomes with a jewellers loop to see if they are cloudy and amber.:call_me_hand:t2:just make sure to look at the bud not the leafs :metal:t2:

Thanks Dave I have a couple more questions for you if you don’t mind……I was giving it tiger bloom when do I stop giving it the nuts and start giving it plain water to cleanse it? Thanks again for all your help

1 Like

@BrotherBarry I stop giving mine nutes when all my trichcomes are all cloudy with little amber. I like for mine to have around 30% amber after flush. You will get different opinions on this matter of course. I grow in a coco drain to waste setup so my flushes go pretty quick

What medium are you growing in @BrotherBarry

I know @Graysin gives alot of good advice on the forum,maybe he can explain it better than me or even have something to add🤙🏻

1 Like

Thanks for the tag @Dave

I don’t flush or water-only my ladies. I haven’t really figured out what the logic is behind it - if I’m growing jalapeños, apples, strawberries, etc., I don’t flush the nutrients out of their soil before I harvest the fruits. I don’t worry about what may or may not be in my fresh lavender or roses - which I do use for herbal infusing/teas.

In keeping with that same train of thought, a flush or “water only” period doesn’t make sense to me. High Times or some other canna magazine out there did a blind taste test, and allegedly more smokers preferred the unflushed bud to the flushed bud.

I’m going to complicate my own thinking here just a touch - when you stress out your ladies in flower, they respond by producing more trichomes** (more on that in a second). Consequently, it’s feasible to think that stripping the nutrients from the soil or coco would trigger a stress reaction and create higher trichome output. I wonder at what expense since she’ll be self-consuming to be able to produce the trichomes. :thinking:

And about my ** aside - stress can be good (increase trichomes) and stress can actually be bad (cause her to shut down; or produce hermaphrodite/male parts). I recommend not intentionally inducing stress for a while - as new growers, we induce plenty of stress on our plants without meaning to and there’s no reason to add to that on purpose.

Take from my tangent what you will. Sorry it isn’t very concrete. :v::100:

2 Likes

The only reason i flush is for the plant to cannibalize its self pretty much too use up all its stored nutrients. I guess my way of ripening if that makes sense😂
I know most organic growers dont flush but where I use synthetic nutes,i just assumed it would be best to do a flush.
I smoked some purple something just the other day,I cant remember the name but anyway. It was harsh and had jet black ash. I just assumed it hadnt been flushed idk,not one of my grows have ever had black ash
Everyone has their own way of doing things. Thanks for sharing🤙🏻

1 Like