Question about AC Infinity T6 fan

Hey-
I got an AC Infinity T6 fan and set it up and had a question. I came in last night and looked at the controller and the high temp alarm had been triggered. But the fan never came on. I am just wondering why? The fan should have come on. I just want to make sure that there’s not some simple fix before I call the company. I know there are a couple of experienced growers who know these fans. Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks. Peace…

1 Like

Check and make sure that the guidelines you set will work with grow space, the exhaust is supposed to help keep it close within range but if your RH guidelines are set at 40-60 percent and temp guides are 68 to 78, and your grow spaces RH is stuck lower that the guides your exhaust will turn off and try and get Rh up which in turn makes heat go up in grow room… I’ve found with my set up in winter since I can’t really control humidity much that I have that guideline shut off so the exhaust is only worried about temp and It works great for that… what I mean is your guidelines have to be set in a plausible situation if your Rh settings are set for the range that you want in your grow but your actual RH in the space isn’t close to those parameters the fan won’t work properly… double check your settings make sure that the exhaust settings correlate to your grow space… temp can be solved in my experience almost always by just turning exhaust up or down depending… but RH is a different story… exhaust definitely helps with high humidity but won’t do anything for low humidity… I have found that the RH guidelines on the exhaust are silly and it just fights the temp guidelines… temp your control with exhaust and Rh you control by either humidifiers or de humidifiers can’t rely on an exhaust fan to keep RH in proper ranges just doesn’t work that way

Haven’t gone through the device that much… would be handy for them to make a setting that lets you prioritize one or the other temp or RH that way when you get a huge RH drop the fan isn’t worried too much about it and just maintains the temp instead of fighting over both that’s my thoughts on it

3 Likes

Hey there,
Thanks for your input. I had talked with somebody who knew a lot about setting up these fans. That is why I did not set any alarms for temp/humidity being too low. The fan will do you no good there. I was puzzled why the fan didn’t come on when the high temperature alarm went off. If it won’t come on when its supposed to then I could have gotten the S model and saved some money. I will likely call the company 8f I can’t get an answer to my problem here. I appreciate you responding and offering assistance!

1 Like

@patchman

Click through the menu until you get to the “on” position and see what that is set to. My guess is you have it set to 0. The setting of the “on” setting determines the speed of the fan when the “on” is triggered by another setting.

You really need to manually experiment with the “on” speed so that you don’t have it coming on at too high of a speed because it will cause it to cycle on and off constantly. It’s best to find a speed that will keep your temperature just above the trigger speed.

On a side note, the NEW “67 controller” that AC Infinity just came out with allows for far more flexibility, such as a minimum “off” speed so that air is constantly circulating even when alarms aren’t triggered. It also allows for the speed to ramp up gradually as the temperature increases. Best of all, you can control the 67 controller with your phone and see graphs of the temperature and humidity that can be exported.

4 Likes

Do you possibly have a link for this new 67 controller?

I’m not sure I’m allowed to link to AC Infinity web site, but if you go there type in “67 controller” in search bar to find it. It is new and out of stock so it is hard to find any other way.

2 Likes

Because you have to set the high temp, the alarm is just a alarm, it is a whole different setting

Thanks for you input. I got my T6 not that long ago, but do not see anything about that new controller in my paperwork. Like you said, the on screen- the fan was set to 0. I set it to 2. But if you go to the auto section it still lists the fan as bring on zero. Here’s a picture.

I cant figure out how to adjust that fan speed on the auto screen. I have it set on the on screen with the fan set to 2 until I can get this sorted. Thanks.

1 Like

The reason the speed is zero currently is because the fan is set to come on at 84 degrees and the current temp is 71 degrees. When the temperature reaches the maximum temperature you have set the fan will come on at “2” based on the “on” setting you chose.

Set your maximum temperature lower and see what happens.

The new controller is NOT included with currently shipping fans. It is currently aftermarket only, although I figure that will change over time.

4 Likes

Thank you sir, I really do appreciate it!! I think that’s got it!!! I have seen your name before but not recently until this post. I have a journal going if you are interested in looking at. Its in the organic soil group called “growing again or at least trying to” where I am growing a blueberry auto with all new equipment and soil. The first time around I had insufficient lights, and made a few mistakes. Thats how you learn. Thanks again Mr. Grower! Peace…

1 Like

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!
Now I’m getting a newer one. Thanks for letting us know!

2 Likes

One additional piece of information. On that automatic window where you have temperature selected, if any of the conditions on that list are met, the high temp, low temp, high humidity or low humidity, it will trigger the “on” speed setting, regardless of what you selected. Does that make sense?

1 Like

So you can control the fan when you’re not around, with the new controller? Wifi?

1 Like

@Tinman

Unfortunately it is Bluetooth. Not being WiFi is the only shortcoming I can see in the new controller. Sadly, the range is limited…

2 Likes

They are already sold out haha saw it last night on there site haha

1 Like

Mr. Grower-
Yes that makes sense. I only have a 2x2.5x6ft tent. But after finding out that they lose a good bit of power with the filter attached, I bought the T6. A lot of people’s reviews on the T4 said they wished they got the 6. Thank you so much again. Peace…

1 Like

I was hoping so bad that it was wifi, that would be where its at. Iam not far from lake Michigan and with the up and down weather, would love to be able to check and change from my phone when at work or away

1 Like

I feel another trip down that rabbit hole! While looking for controller also see they are making tents! Seem to be good quality, I will be needing a second tent for new room, I’ll try them out when they are available.

2 Likes

the logic behind the screens and programming doesn’t flow, so it’s understandable why so many people struggle w/ the settings. I too couldn’t grasp it, but when it hit me I realized that it does what I wanted it to, I just didn’t understand the menus…

so first thing to understand is in the ON screen… This is the highest fan setting that the unit will run at when triggered by temp. and humidity settings (those you can add yourself). SO if you set it to 0, the fan will not come on at all, regardless of your triggers. if you set it to 8, then when the fan is triggered, it will ramp up to 8.

The OFF screen is the same, except its the lowest speed you want the fan to run at. SO if you set it to 3, then when the unit is not triggered by temp/hum settings, then the fan will always run at 3. it will NEVER TURN OFF unless you set it to zero. make sense?

My goal was to find the range that the fan didn’t constantly turn on and off, with such a wide swing in fan speeds, so I set my OFF speed to 5 and my ON speed to 9. This was after some trial and error to determine that to keep my ambient temp w/ lights on, the fan likes it around 7, and my lowest night time temps are best around 5. that way the fan never turns OFF to prevent airflow.

to run in AUTO mode, you MUST set both ON and OFF fan speeds, AND be on the AUTO screen. the confusion for me was how the screens are connected to each other for the AUTO settings, but they can be their own MODES too.

regarding the triggers, I have my low temp AND humidity triggers turned OFF. I don’t want the fan ramping up in either scenario! So with my setup, when the temp drops below the high triggers at night it will run at 5 because it thinks it’s ‘OFF’.

hopefully this helps someone at some point in their google searching and doesn’t confuse it even more, lol!

Regarding the new controller, it is pretty cool and the software does work well!

I was looking at some smart home products the other day and noticed there are Bluetooth to WiFi bridges available that may allow for remote monitoring. I ordered 2 more 67 controllers for my other fans. This summer I will be spending prolonged periods from home so I’ll be trying the Bluetooth/WiFi bridge in a couple months unless I find out before then it won’t do what I want.

1 Like