QueenCityB's Somango, African Buzz, and Alasksan Purple grow journal 2020 (first journal)

I did have spider mites that I fought. It seems that the African Buzz is needy. Its listed not as a beginner strain. You gotta watch it for signs of problems, but I’m glad I have it and will keep growing it until it becomes easy for me!

2 Likes

I just mowed the lawn. I got some cool flowers going.

Wait, that wasnt a flower!
Nope.
I have wild strawberries.
I noticed them a while back. While I’m out hand weeding I make sure to let them grow. I figure they are helping my soil diversity, and their just cool.

These are both next to me. One is loaded. It’s the bubbler, but I keep grabbing the steamroller and trying to light it. Its empty. I need another bowl.

6 Likes

Oh dang!
Wild Ozark strawberries look like the Covid-19 virus.

Or maybe it’s in my head.

11 Likes

Outside, around the perimeter of my house, I have been pulling most of the invasive weeds this year. What is left is really sweet soil, still full of life still covered with a natural mulch.

I sprinkled seeds in all the spots I have pulled vines and bad weeds.

And then I sprinkled used soul from my flowering tent over all those spots.

And watered it in.

I will let all the annual flowers go to earth to help continually build the soil, and I will let at least half of the radishes stay in the ground for the abundance of the nitrogen they will hook up next falls plantings with.

Gardening is cool.

Learning about the soil food web and the importance of diversity is opening my eyes!

(Or is it this African Buzz buzzzzz…?)

6 Likes

I also dump my used soil in gardens as well. I also have a window in my grow room that is right above where I grow my vegetable plants. My intention and what I did when I did the re-build, is to use a transfer pump that I used to use for my mash, to dump nutrient water from my hydro, directly into my vegetable garden, for recycling. Seems to be a solid plan so far. :+1: :tumbler_glass: :v:

6 Likes

I do this via soaker hose wrapped around veggie garden, hooked to garden hose from transfer pump

2 Likes

That’s a great plan. I’m actually trying to come up with a way in my head to transfer pump my compost teas. I have a little submersible strong fountain pump. I’m thinking about sticking that into a filter bag and submerging it with a hose attached that I can use to water and foliar feed with instead of filling and pumping a garden sprayer twice for every batch tea.

I’m still working out the hose end in my head, but that is what I will try at first since I already have a pump.

2 Likes

But tonight, tonight, to nie ight, I I
Have got to mix up nutrients and feed the flower tent.

And keep confusing my mites to death. This time its azawhatsitcalled?

It says this can go till day of flower, but I dont think it will be used in this tent again during this cycle.
I still have little signs of mite spotting, but they get less every time I hit em.

My Free Mystery loves having her own 4 square feet and a COB blurple combo. She is very happy, her leaves are finally not droopy. I fed her FF grow big and cal mag for the first time last night. She never had fertilizer until now. When my bottle of grow big is empty, it will not be repurchased. The OMRI cal mag might always be used. We’ll see.

And now I’m going back to Africa, then dinner.

7 Likes

Nope not in your head!:rofl:

1 Like

Wow…looks just like Covid… neat-o

2 Likes

So thirsty,

Glad I opened the the 2x2 before my 12 hr shift begins tonight.

And here’s springtime.

:sunrise:

8 Likes

Shes a lot happier with me now. I just got back from work and checked in on her.

I will never know what strain this is. I bought it from a seedbank that was bought by a network of seed banks. Three seeds in one bubble were marked ext-fre. The way the others were abbreviated, this means extra free. That’s cool and all for a gift, but it almost makes me want to not even order from them again. I ordered a 10 pack and 2 other strains 3 seeds each. This is a fourth strain, turns into a 1/4 of my order and I will never know what it is.
I will order next time from a place that tells me what’s up, if I ever order more seeds.

4 Likes

Oh, and this crazy little clone has roots that just grew a couple inches it seems over night.

Now she’s in soil.

10 Likes

Yeah baby! Grow baby grow :man_cartwheeling:

2 Likes

Just took the dog around my home. Check out this flower in my yard!

There are actually a bunch of them. Huge flowers. We bought this home last July, so this is the first spring i’m learning what blooms in my yard.

5 Likes

i love iris. they will multiply without help. i planted 5 and now i have 100

1 Like

The flowers are massive! Until they bloomed I was thinking they were some kind of yucca or something. I still didnt know what they were called. Thanks.

Do you know what type of bush I have in my yard back up around post 817?

2 Likes

i am trying to find it what planting zone do you live in?

1 Like

6a 7b ish. Southwest Missouri. Ozark Plateau.

1 Like

i keep trying to blow up the picture. i cant see well enough.