QueenCityB's Somango, African Buzz, and Alasksan Purple grow journal 2020 (first journal)

Sometimes, I bend bonsai wire into a “Shepard’s hook”.

And put it around a branch and pull down.

I slide it through a safety pin to hold it in place.

It looks like this from above.

And then I do that a whole bunch of times till I get this (or something like this)

So that hopefully in a couple months I can have a whole bunch of these.

(Disclaimer: that bud was not optimal. The plant was ransacked with spider mites at one time. I did battle. I still got lots of buds like this. Screw spider mites. You can whip em if you pay attention.)

Anyway, I’m sure all you legends out there already have your own better system of training plants. Just wanted to share cause I’m high.:wink::beer:

9 Likes

I like my clones and I cannot lie.

They got their own lane in my ghetto.

And three more are hidden elsewhere in said ghetto.

But the orange ladies have all started to flower.

Girls just wanna have fun.

11 Likes

Looking good in there!
What ya got going on with the two yellowing ones?

1 Like

They were both way too young when I treated everything with an azidaractin spray down. I am still periodically using different omri sprays in veg to make sure i dont have a mite comeback. I think they were just put in soil the day i did it. They are actually improving in color everyday. I have some living soil i have mixed up in my garage, so they will finally get treated well soon.

2 Likes

Well, since those three were flowering…

They have been moved out of the ghetto and into flower.

Here is their new African Buzz neighbor in that tent.

This one is Somango

Here is a peppy little Alaskan Purple.

And here is my darkness tent.

I’m going to need more jars.

8 Likes

I just pulled another clone out of my aeroponics cloner.

That’s a Free Mystery clone. I also had that Alaskan Purple that I cloned a while ago and it turned out to be an auto so it started showing pistils real early. I finally upgraded it into about a gallon of living soil that i have coming to life in my garage.

Then I put them in their respective areas.

I gotta water most of them tonight.

10 Likes

10 Likes

This has been a long day in my world. Here’s what just happened in my Queen City home.

My news years seeds are all harvested. These were auto, and I didn’t know it. I still have two clones from those three seeds in flower.

Oh snap, are those two roses and a Somango?

Yep, they sure were. This is a lot of work but check out this drying operation.

Pretty cool huh? Get it?

Now I gotta do a periodic bug treatment, and burp some jars full of African Buzz and Alaskan Purple.

15 Likes

Mmm mm they look dank and delicious my friend :call_me_hand:
I appreciate the artistic arrangement, very aesthetically pleasing.
Peace be with you bro✌

2 Likes

Very nice brother, very nice

1 Like

Outmuthafreakinawesome :+1: :v:

1 Like

Congratulations on a beautiful harvest man

1 Like

Beautiful dude!! Congrats on the killer harvest. Buds look great.

1 Like

I have a question, and I’m just not sure who to tag.

I have living soil in two tubs.
1/3 peat moss
1/3 vermiculite
1/3 compost/earthworm castings
Some organic fertilizer I cant remember its name but it was seaweed and kelp and fish and mycos.
Some blood meal
Some epsom salts
And one or two other things I cant remember right now.
It’s been watered. I have 6 or 7 clones and maybe a couple seeds that I will grow in this soil.

I’m going to rely mostly on compost, molasses, and seaweed brews for nutrition. I have never made compost tea. I plan to make about 3 gallons at a time in a 5 gallon bucket. I know that I will need an air pump and an air stone.

Does anyone have any idea what would be a good pump and stone to buy for this size brew?

4 Likes

The bigger the better…glad I could help!! LMAO

2 Likes

You just needing aeration in the bucket, I have never done that but would think a good size air pump for a fish tank with a long stone would work. But hell what do I know, ,lol

The size is “large” and stay away from the long ones actually. They are a rip off they only bubble out the first 1/2" and a trickle or 2 outta the remaining stone. The large cylinder shaped ones is what ya want. Majority of the air pumps have dual outlets too so 2 stones & hose. I have 2 aquariums but i haven’t ventured into teas yet so that’s where I’m coming from.

1 Like

Don’t they make large flat stones that would go under the gravel in a tank? seems like I had one long ago in a tank.

1 Like

Yes that’s an undergravel filter I believe your mentioning. They usually take up the length of the bottom & are more like a plastic tray plus they have supply & uplift tubes. If we are on the same page. Air stones usually aren’t buried as they would just agitate all the nasty fish shit/sediment.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I’m going to post a series of photos when I put my compost tea brewer together.

When I got permitted to grow and had seeds in some dirt earlier this year, I sure was hoping my 4/20 would look like this.

(and I still got my legal limit flowering, and vegging. I have legal room for 4 more seedlings, so you know I will have some seeds sitting under moist soil this week.)

11 Likes