Quantum Board Grow Room

Really nice looking plant, Matt!

4 Likes

Thanks Alan!

3 Likes

Hey she looks like a @MattyBear plant indeed. Great job buddy

1 Like

19 Likes

Nicely done man. Trim looking nice and tight. The bud looks dense and top shelf. Can’t wait to get to my first harvest. Must be a nice feeling to get through the finish line and taste the fruits of your labor.

2 Likes

I can tell you help with the laundry at home . They look nice brother .

1 Like

Duuuuuuude. Very nice :+1:

1 Like

Nice trim job @MattyBear! I have a feeling you’re a perfectionist like me! Lol. Is that an accurate assumption? I don’t leave a single visible leaf! Partly because of the perfectionist in me but also because I like to make dabs from the trim! The more trim I have, the better the haul! :v:

2 Likes

You’d be correct @Drillbit, I am typically a very meticulous trimmer. Especially early on during trimming… the later it gets, the sloppier the trim lol. I don’t like smoking leaf material because it can make the smoke harsh and the taste off a little

5 Likes

I’m opposite - I like a little of the sugar-leaf in the grind So I snip all the fat fan stems I can get to, but I don’t dig around for the smaller stems and just snip the tips.

Also found that it keeps the buds ‘protected’ if you lay them on a rack. After they get almost dry, I snip all the individual buts and lay them out for sorting. At that point, some of the smaller ones are ready to cure, but the fat tops will need more hanging.

2 Likes

And I noticed in this pic, it’s easy to see the ‘worthless’ leaves you missed. Those will go in the trim bag in the freezer when I snip the buds apart.

3 Likes

Me too! Post must be 10 characters blah blah blah

1 Like

It also helps them dry a little slower, which can be good or bad depending on where you are.

1 Like

I will leave more leaf material on the buds that I’m going to turn into oil or salves because I’m not smoking them and I’ve read using the whole bud has more medicinal properties. But if I’m smoking it, they are trimmed up like you’d see from a dispensary :v:

3 Likes

I also only use my drying rack for my outdoor buds that I have washed and use the rack to dry, or if I run out of space to hang them upside down. That’s just me and there are many different ways people do things. Not saying other ways are wrong, but this is how I like them after a lot of trial and error :v:

2 Likes

What has worked for me is to snip the tips like a FIM cut or clone cut, leaving as much sugar as possible. Then after hanging for a few days (when the leaf pieces curl up and cover parts of the bud) I trim the ‘sprout-buds’ and toss them on a rack, but leave the top cola hanging for a day or two more. So the small stems that are near my fingers, and any stem I can get to without digging will get snipped.

I think the leaf-parts also act like a cushion on any net or screen you dry them on as long as they aren’t too long (like some of these).Tonight or tomorrow I’ll do my snipping, and any of those leaves poking out will go into my trim-bag in the freezer for hash.

4 Likes

I don’t trim till after drying about 80%. I do trim the fan leaves and leaves with no sugar. I sometimes cut the sugarless parts of the leaves off too. But I do that before I even hang to dry.

2 Likes

Me too. But it’s easy to miss some, and I found several that should have been snipped before that I have missed - only since I spread the little buds apart.

1 Like

1 Like

Gang Gang…

21 Likes