Quantum Board Grow Room

Will keep an eye out for it too

2 Likes

that @MattyBear weed is :fire::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

:joy: trunk monkey

3 Likes

Look for Breaker Bourbon: I blended and bottled a bunch of it. It was rated Number 1 in the under $70 per bottle price range.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410, Al, I’ll definitely check it out if you had a hand in it :wink:

1 Like

Well I don’t know whether to feel confused or enlightened.

Doing some forum thumbing earlier I stumbled upon some living soil information that may have me ditch pre adjusting my PH anymore.

I’ve been adjusting my PH in my water since hydrating the seed up until now. The information I’m coming across now says for when your using living soil that your not supposed to adjust the PH in the water due to the acids in the mixtures killing off the microorganisms in the living soil. Thus working in reverse in terms of not needing to supplement nutes throughout the grow.

I’m hoping I am not too far in to have destroyed the living soil properties enough for the whole life cycle and that this is solid info.

Thoughts?
By the way I’m using Natures living soil Auto flower.

3 Likes

Ive never used that soil and don’t know enough about it to tell you you should or shouldn’t be ph-ING your water.

2 Likes

Solid answer :smile:

Hey buddy, I wouldn’t ph it, I haven’t used it because I make my own, but organic living soil will adjust your ph automatically, just don’t use tap water, if you do try an let it sit out For 24 hrs so chlorine can escape, Try and harvest rain water or use R.O. Water, hope this helps.

4 Likes

Thanks @Mrcrabs for the help here! I appreciate it :v:

3 Likes

@Mrcrabs helps tremendously because that’s what I was leaning towards. I was already letting the tap water sit out for 24 hours so I’ll need to continue doing that. I’ll probably start setting a bucket a side at a time. Thanks for the feedback! Let’s hope I didn’t hurt the soil too much. Worse case scenario I’ve already gained so much knowledge this go around for the next :smile:

3 Likes

No problem @MattyBear my pleasure, @FNG101v2 dought it killed all of them, if you have a handful of that soil left, just top feed it and that should reintroduce new microbes. That’s some good soil , tag me on your growif you make one.

3 Likes

Out of likes for the day! :smile: I’ll get you tagged my friend, really appreciate the info! Now that I think of it I do have another bag of the soil. Might crack it open this weekend and introduce some. Planning on switching to hotsoil next. Heard some pretty good things about it.

3 Likes

Yes yes yes… Be careful or I may stow away with the monkey hiding and eating twinkies too!

That is valid for soil so long as you are only watering with low solids water. Pure water (distilled, R/O) will move to the parent soil ph value easily. Adding nutes will make it much harder to move to the soil’s ph. If you want to do this I would:

Adjust ph only if supplements are added
Use low tds water like distilled

I will be interested in your results!

2 Likes

@MattyBear , planning on starting LST this weekend. What did you use / how did you anchor the string?

2 Likes

I tie off string either to the pot or to a side pole in the tent and then slowly bend them and tie them off. I’ve used a paper clip before too. Hell, I’ve seen people use tape. Once you do one branch and gain some confidence, it will become easier. Pretty soon it will be second nature :v:

6 Likes

Precisely why I asked, never thought about a paper clip, or even using the side poles to anchor! This site is way to addicting :heart:

5 Likes

I attach these tied to clipped fishing hooks for easy attachment at the nodes. So far, the big ones work the best.

Versatile things. Clip to grow bag or use as a hanging weight. Add pocket change for just the right amount of weight. Too long, wrap it around the handles a few times.

6 Likes

Solid info! DIY for the win :ok_hand:

1 Like