Quantum Board Grow Room

My kids were just as excited for GWL as they were for Disneyland lol. Mom and Dad dodged that bullet haha. We were more disappointed than the kids about postponing Disneyland hahaha

4 Likes

Looking awesome @MattyBear

1 Like

I had never heard about that and there is one not far from here. Will have to let my sisters know about that. All their kids love the water. Disneyland is ok, I liked Disney world better my self. It has been a long time since I have been to either. Sounds like you have some lucky kids. :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks @Not2SureYet. I have twin daughters and they have me wrapped around their little fingers for sure! We will do Disney Worls when they get a little older. Only 6 now.

5 Likes

LOL, my little sister is 22 years younger than I am. When she was a kid. I would take her every where with me. I figure I had a hand in raising a lot of kids. between my niece, nephews and all my friends kids. I don’t have any of my own. Kids are great though. They always show you that life doesn’t have to be serious all the time. I think they help keep you young at mind.

3 Likes

Young at mind and grey in the hair, lol.

4 Likes

Could be where I got all mine from. lol

How old are your B.D. Looking at the dates. I think they are about the same age as mine. Just past 4 weeks?
I am envoys of your grow. Every thing looks so clean. You are doing a great job.

1 Like

Thanks! Blue Dream is only on day 3 since first pistils. ATF clone is just over 2 weeks. I’m about to flip the MW in a Scrog in the 2x2 tent to flower this weekend

1 Like

Cool, I think I am about a week ahead of yours them. I will be watching yours closely, When you do the scrogg. Can you do kind of a walk through :grinning: I am thinking I would like to try that in the next grow or so. I can learn a lot here since I caught this thread before it is all ready over.

2 Likes

Crap, I already started tucking. I’m ready to flower it out, but I will start a new journal soon and tag you in.

7 Likes

Sorry slow getting back to post thanks for your explanation @dbrn32. I am trying to figure this stuff out and have been struggling. When I read your explanation the “light bulb” went off in my head. They don’t call it a constant current driver for nothing. I had a little bit of trouble finding a place on line that had the 240H-C1050A’s in stock … ended up ordering them from Mouser’s. Paid a little more for them from there but they had them in stock and I should have them soon.

The guy from HLG said the same thing as you did regarding use of the 1400mA driver I was asking about. It wouldn’t have been able to run the light boards. Regarding your question about my desire for 150watts / per board … I’m not sure what I want … lol. Other than to get the best light for the dollar that will allow me to grow something nice. Once again thanks for your thoughts on this stuff.

1 Like

No problem! Like I said, you were on the right track anyway. It’s always those pesky little details that can make or break you.

I’ll just go ahead and say that you definitely don’t want to run them at 150 watts. Maybe if they come up with a bigger heatsink. I think I have similar driver as the 135 kit for my board, and I actually wanted a smaller model. But nobody had it so I grabbed 2.4 amp while discount code was active. But it’s unlikely I will run mine beyond 100 watt mark.

1 Like

Just drilled the stems on the 2 autos. They will be harvested next Thursday-Friday.

10 Likes

“Leaf bud” was barely hanging on. She will be the first sample and is in a paper bag drying now.

7 Likes

Looks like it’s about to real stinky around your crib lol.

2 Likes

Why did you drill and put in the sticks? I haven’t come across that yet.

1 Like

I will link the article that talks about it. I chose to drill rather than split the stems for safety reasons lol. It’s supposed to add trichomes and density the last few days to a week of the plants life.

6 Likes

That leaf bud is truly interesting. I hope she treats you well. She sure was a beautiful grow @MattyBear I’m keeping track of the MW still going as well. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks brother! I’ll post pics at harvest time!

3 Likes

Thanks, now I under stand. I will be looking forward to when you have these done too. Looks like those lights are treating you well.

1 Like