Quantum Board Grow Room

They’re really looking good @MattyBear

3 Likes

Man that light looks like it’s kicking ass my friend :+1::v:
Nice

3 Likes

It does! The bud size and density is ridiculous for something pulling 260 watts in that size space.

2 Likes

Tossing this idea out there… I’m considering taking clones from the ATF clone, BD, and MW and going 12/12 right away. They will be in the 3x3 along with the other BD and ATF since the 2x2 will be used for a Scrog this run. Thoughts? @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @raustin or anyone else following along!

3 Likes

And what size pots should I use if I go straight 12/12 from clone? 1 or 2 gallon?

I like it, although I would probably root them first. And with the amount of stretch out of the blue dream, it would probably be a good candidate for that style of grow. Bigger pot will probably mean less problems, but I think either will work.

1 Like

I will root them first, sorry I should have said that. You think a 3 gallon pot would be good to use?

1 Like

3 gallon not necessary for that kind of time I don’t think. But if you can find a taller more narrow of any that doesn’t take up as much room, that would be ideal.

1 Like

@dbrn32 I hope you can put up with one more question. I’m still on the fence about what driver’s to pair with the HLG QB324’s that are on the way to me. I’m going to be running 4 of the boards and was going to pick a driver to run each of the sets of two of the boards in series so I’m looking for a constant current driver. We’ve traded messages on this once before … however when I saw that HLG was running a HLG-320H-C1400A driver with their new setup for (2) QB 324’s on line it made me think that maybe I needed to rethink things. Note: HLG rep said that this driver would be too much for the boards with only the heat sink 2 config I purchased.

The QB 324’s are rated for 160W max with the heat sink type 2’s that I am purchasing. HLG suggested previously that the meanwell HLG-240H-1050A would be a good choice to run two of the boards. The QB324 is a 108V rated board apparently. So if I understand it correctly; the 240H-1050A driver will run the boards at roughly 113 Watts each ( 108v x 1.05A = 113.4 W). I may be too hung up on the watt output of boards. However, I’m thinking that the HLG-240H-1400A might be a better choice for me. It will allow me to run the boards a bit stronger and still stay below the 160W max rated (for board with Heat Sink 2). If I understand it right with the 1400A driver it will have capability to run at roughly 150Watts each (108v x 1.4A = 151.2 Watts).

The price difference on the 2 drivers is marginal any thoughts or concerns regarding use of the 1400A driver? Hate to pick on you again … it’s my nature to ask too many questions … lol. Thanks for your assistance!

Edit: Think I asked a stupid question … 240H driver only capable to run 120Watts max to each of the boards wired in series. I’m a dope! I called HLG up and they said the 1050 is the one I need to run.

1 Like

1 gallon will be plenty with that size. I say do it. @MattyBear

1 Like

First of all, you’re not a dope! Secondly, I don’t mind at all. Especially since you’re doing the leg work to actually learn and try to figure this out, rather than just asking me to tell you what to buy. I really appreciate that! So now one day, you can take this part of the job over lol.

Here’s what you missed, the hlg-240h-czxxxx is a 250 watt driver anyway you cut it. But you can’t just plug whatever into it and get 250 watts. As soon as you that “c” in front of the output current, that means constant current. For our purposes that means it’s going to shove that current out and let the voltage do what it needs to, as long as it’s in range. So divide 250 by 1.4, and you should be at your max voltage range.

Since your looking at series connection, voltage is additive. I’d have to go pull spec on board, but 108 sounds close at 1400ma, which means as soon as driver tries to spit out 1400ma, they will look for 216ish volts. Way above open circuit voltage, driver gets pissed and goes into protect mode. So that driver won’t run them at all, not even at 120 watts.

The hlg-240-1050 is still a 250ish watt driver. Since the output current is 1050ma, you make same power calculation and come up with voltage of 240ish for max. Plenty to stay in constant current region with 216 volt load. But that doesn’t mean you get all 250 watts. Then you find forward voltage at given current and multiply them to get board power.

We can get you to 150 per board, the question is, do you really want that? They’re saying max wattage on that heatsink because of either tc or tj readings. I’m sure it’s around 85c, which is maximum temp. Also the point where they have poor efficiency, shortened life, and are prone to fail.

4 Likes

Birds eye view of the 3x3
Cheese Auto day 74 of flower

AK47 Auto day 67 of flower

Alaskan Thunder F^*k clone day 18 of flower

Blue Dream fem day 3 of flower

All together

“Leaf Bud” is almost ready to be my first sample. Her fan leaf has gotten almost everything she can out of it

14 Likes

Looking great my friend :+1::v:

1 Like

Outstanding!

1 Like

@dbrn32 @Dieselgrower Thanks my brothers! I just took a fan leaf off and sucked on it. Tastes clean. Flush is a success, now they just need to hurry up! Lol

4 Likes

Ok, I’m going to go with a quantum board in my 2.5x5x6 tent. Should I get the 300 or the 510? A couple 135s? Or what? I use every inch of my tent for growing, so I want full light coverage. I’d prefer it to be pre-built, if at all possible. I won’t be ordering for about 2 months.

2 Likes

Probably the 320 kit. Just a little too much for 2 boards in my opinion.

1 Like

When are you going to Disneyland? Isn’t that coming up?

1 Like

We had to postpone Disneyland because of my work. We’re now looking at going in the fall. Taking the kids to the Great Wolf Lodge for 3 days this coming Sunday-Tuesday as a peace offering to the kids lol

8 Likes

I saw the one going in at Colorado Springs. It’s about a mile from my friend’s house.

1 Like