Quantum Board Grow Room

@MattyBear you must be across town from me where the humidity is not quite so bad. LOL. I can’t seem to get rid of it. Every time I feel like I have a handle on it I get further along in flower and it just goes back up. I’m having a rough time . It can’t get my bedroom down below 65. I was going to message you tomorrow and ask what you do about humidity up here. But nevermind. I’ve got lots of airflow. As somebody else said on another thread. There’s enough winflo all my girls are dancing. And I’ve kept it pretty cleaned up. Didn’t defoliate on day 40-ish like I should have but still pretty good. Unfortunately I did have to leave a couple larf areas when I defoliated the first time. By the time I got the top where I wanted her I didn’t want to take too much off the bottom and stress her out. Anyways humidity is a constant battle here at my house. It doesn’t help that my bedrooms a full room. Got me the dog flower tent veg tent.lol

5 Likes

Just pack up all the humidity and send it my way. I’ll even pay for shipping. I can’t keep humidity
to save my life. On a good day I’m LUCKY to maintain 35%. Sponges, little humidifier, bucket
of water, wet towels, spraying down the tent walls, NOTHING helps. The second I put my fan
on, POOF it’s gone. I wish my farts disappeared as fast as my ambient moisture. Having a
smaller-ish grow tent don’t help any either.

5 Likes

@ I wish I could send it. I normally don’t check the humidity outside I live in the Rainy state. But I checked the other morning just for s**** and giggles and it was 90% humidity.lol. I’ve thought about which would be worse. Dealing with the humidity that I have or dealing with the lack of. Sounds like me tried everything. I think I read somewhere back when I was making my tent and was unsure of what kind of humidity issues I was going to run into that somebody had a fish tank heater inside of a 3 gallon bucket with one of those are stones in the bottom. With the warm water and the water bubbling it added humidity to the tent. I’m not sure sounds like we both got our hands full. LOL.

1 Like

My biggest problem is my air mover/exhaust fan. The moment it goes on, and it’s game over.
I would need to humidify the entire room in order to pull it into the tent and that’s more trouble
than it’s worth. I can do domes and such with seedlings but I’m hoping there isn’t a strain out
there that requires humidity for bud development. If so, I’ll never be able to grow it.

3 Likes

@PhillyRock. I’ve got four Gelato in week 5 of flower. I am growing indoors but outdoors the strain must be humid, warm, and tropical , and will demand close monitoring. I think most people grow it indoors. It does good in a grow tent but you have to really control humidity and temperature conditions. The yield is increased by exposure to cool, humid temperatures just before the flip.
So you might not want to try this one.
I’m only on my second grow ever and this strain isn’t suggested for the inexperienced. Free seeds. With some great help from friends on the forum, I think their doing pretty fair.
Their on the Poverty Mountain grow journal.

1 Like

Only if they’re run in series. If they parallel up on you, it halves the power :joy:

8 Likes

On the lowest setting, my fan saps ALL humidity out of the tent. I can’t hold humidity to save my life. Temps are easy to control, I’m able to raise or lower the temperature by 3-5 degrees blindfolded. But because the amount of air being evacuated by the exhaust system is total, I’m at the mercy of local ambient air moisture and unable to build humidity.

2 Likes

It doesn’t help that we’ve had 20% of our annual rainfall in the first two weeks of the year either!

4 Likes

That’s funny right there, I don’t care who you are :joy::rofl:

7 Likes

Lmao quit saying all my sayings man… u spying on me? :thinking::thinking: … that’s funny right there I dont care who ya are …that’s like the 3rd “phrase” I say all the time… who said that Larry the cable guy right?

5 Likes

@MattyBear sounds about right. Seems a little bit wetter than normal. Rain is another thing I don’t ever really worry about. Till now :slight_smile: I don’t mind it and it doesn’t rain as much as everybody thinks it does. The only time I kind of care if it’s raining is if I’m going camping. Just so I can be prepared :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am just a few hours south of you guys and it is the same here. Everybody thinks it rains all of the time here. I think it rains just the right amount. LOL

3 Likes

Haha nah man, but I’m pretty sure we are close in age… so we probably grew up with similar cultural references :rofl::man_shrugging:

4 Likes

You know that is it did you watch rug rats as a kid… if so your right… no one watched that show but + / - 3 to 4 years lol (I’m 33)

3 Likes

I’m 37. I watched Rugrats a little, but i remember TGIF every Friday night. The good ol days lol

11 Likes

4 years that’s fuunnny

3 Likes

Do you have room to build a air preparation closet? I’d build a 5x5x8 closet next to the tent. Put a good humidifier in it and vent into the tent from the closet. You could even recirculate the air for a while before venting in fresh air. Use some real good mold inhibitor paint or build it out of metal. Insulated really well should help keep the walls dry.

All this is just fun brainstorming if you never grow something that loves humidity.
Just something to chew on. LOL.

1 Like

I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building.
I can’t hang a picture unless I can patch it before I move out.

2 Likes

Stand alone ac… pricey but are very worth it most have ac, dehumidifier. Mode and fan

It was 250$ forma pawn shop brand new had a remote controll and all …never had humidity issues untill rainy season and the floor flooded almost daily lol either way it was an out door shed and I made a fake wall it was make shift as it gets but it was fun just starting out and brainstorming like you said

9 Likes

neat job fano!

2 Likes