Quantum Board Grow Room

Hi @Verdant If you start your seedlings with low light intensity like with a flouro, then transition directly to the QB 320 cranked wide open, you will fry your seedlings. They need a gradual transition to the higher intensity, just like when you take an indoor plant outdoors and harden it for a couple weeks in shady areas before exposed constantly to full sun. I started mine at 92 watts (as low as it would go) and 30" in height.

6 Likes

Hay @DaGoose
Okay I see what you mean so it’s bascilly having a feeling for it right ? Start with the lowest possibly and then gratuly turning it up as the plant growers bigger right ?
Thanks

1 Like

Thank you @Missiles

2 Likes

@Verdant That’s what I’m doing because I’m a total noob indoors (first grow). I made a spreadsheet that tracks the height and watts per the kill a watt meter so I have a chance to replicate it for future grows and fine tune it hopefully. Would love to have a PAR meter to measure the light intensity and get it totally dialed in, but working with what I have for now. If the leaf tips start turning brown, that’s your clue to back off a bit. Hope this helps some and remember I by no means am any good at this!!!

3 Likes

Oh man same here mate, total noob. Mabye I should do a sheet too or I will just sneak it from you hehe.
I guess looking at your plants will be the best way to learn it. I would love to hear tho what you found out so far. I will install the lights next weekend

1 Like

@Verdant Just checked my notes and they aren’t that good lol. Plus I was out of the country for 2 weeks and my friend who watched the girls only watered them. I started with the 260 QB’s at 34" and 92 watts for the seedlings after changing from a T5 to get them started. Then every 3 days or so I increased the watts by 10. Once they started getting taller, I raised the lights a few inches also. My goal was to have the 260 QB’s at full power by the time I switched to 12/12, which was 12 days ago after about 7 weeks of veg. They are now at 20" and 240 watts, and I have about 40 more watts left for max power, per my kill a watt meter. The 2 weeks I was away kinda blew up my plan. This is just what I did and remember I don’t know jack about this…but it might help anyways :v:

2 Likes

It’s been 8 days since I flipped to 12/12. They are stretching and haven’t even started stacking pistils yet. Should get a solid yield out of here :sunglasses::v::bear:

22 Likes

Hey mattybear are you going to keep all of those in that tent during flower or do you have multiple tents? Reason i ask is i changed my mind (again i know lol) I’m going to go with a 3x3 and am curious if icould get away with 4 small indica autos

1 Like

A 3x3 can do 4 autos in 3 gallon pots.

7 Likes

All these were flipped to flower 8 days ago

1 Like

@MattyBear

Hey you looking good there nice lush green color to them. I like and nice work

3 Likes

@MattyBear They look most excellent my brother! I’m watching and taking notes. Someday I might get there!

4 Likes

are you still using that 135? And if so what spectrum is it? Can I use it for all phases? Im ready to start trying to make sure I got the right light.

I’m not raustin but I’m using a 3000k 135 in my 2x2 and my plant is loving the attention that it is getting. I’m also running a 3000k 300 in my 3x3 and those ladies are loving life right now also. The 2x2 will start the second week of 12/12 Saturday and the 3x3 has 5 autos in it. The autos all are getting some very nice buds. It’s my first grow so I can only go by the pictures but I believe they are nice and tight. I don’t want to touch them to find out until I harvest, kinda like the Stanley Cup.

6 Likes

Just found this thread, and will have a look through. I’m loving my HLG100 4000k in my 22 veg tent. I’m seeing the love for these lights now. I haven’t had one environmental problem in it so far. My plants are doing great. If I hadn’t just bought a new 600-watt ballast for my 34 tent, I would have considered getting an HLG light in there instead.

3 Likes

I’m seeing signs of my Bubblegum being a male. I have already taken a clone so I’m gonna trash it once I’m positive it’s a male and then just collect the pollen from the clone :v::bear:

9 Likes

Sucks cuz its a beast of a plant

6 Likes

Hate to hear that for you MattyBear.

it Sucks way over here where I am at as well!

2 Likes

Sorry about that, It sucks… Better luck on the next one @MattyBear

3 Likes

Boo. Oh well, continuing on… :v:

3 Likes