Quantum Board Build

I received my two V1 135 watt quantum boards. Any tips on wiring? I plan to wire them up tomorrow. From the quick YouTube video I watched, it seems pretty straightforward.

But any tips are greatly appreciated.

Also, do I need to have a fan blowing on them? Or is that just optional to lower temps? I obviously have a fan blowing on the plants.

Where did you buy them from? Brand i mean?

When wiring in a series, it’s positive to negative. @dbrn32 can assist more if you have something more specific.

3 Likes

@Preybird1, I purchased them directly from the HLG website.

@Covertgrower, I was thinking of wiring each one individually.

1 Like

What driver are you using @dmykins

Yes driver information is helpful.

@Covertgrower, @ImSICKkid

1 Like

The driver is marked to show positive and negative. What are you needing help with?

3 Likes

Lol. There really easy to deal with. If you can get some longer plug cord and put the drivers out of the tent.

No help needed, I was just asking if there are any tips or what not. I am getting ready to assemble this afternoon and wasn’t sure if there was something to look out for

Again, I appreciate everyone’s help!

1 Like

One tip:
I like to tin the wires before i insert them into the board.
Tinning is adding solder to the tips of the wires so the strands of wire become a solid wire as opposed to strands of wire. Make the wire stiff and easy to poke into connecters and remove them with out damage to the wires. It makes them easy to install and easy to pull out.

2 Likes

Should be piece of cake. You may need to trim driver whip back a smidge to get cable gland to clamp properly.

@Preybird

It was nice, the wires came tinned already.

It was super simple. And the brightness of it is unreal.

1 Like

Oh nice thats always a plus. I need another dimmer pot. And some more 18g wire. Lowes does not stock smaller than 16g. Thought i had some really nice silicone high heat wire left in my drone inventories but i could not locate any. So i have to wait. And i had a huge party last night at my house and was up until 4 am. So i kinda did nothing but bs and drink cofee all day. Kinda nice not to do anything. For once. Im usally go go go non stop.

@Preybird1, yea I’m usually go all the time too. That’s why I looked forward to the DIY build of the board. If I’m not doing something productive I go stir crazy.

I’ve only had the board going for about 5 hours, but it seems to run cooler than I thought. Definitely cooler than the Chinese LEDs I was using.

1 Like

I’ve bought a few rolls of this

Its perfect for most led builds.

1 Like

I eneded up getting some on amazon. 600 volt silicone same thing i use for my drone builds.

2 Likes

I prefer stranded wire for flexibility.

2 Likes

Stranded is fine if you dont mind tinning. In most cases I prefer the solid for light builds.it doesn’t clean up as nicely, but easier to get in and out of connectors.

2 Likes

Im a pcb board and pc motherboard certified micro solder repair technician and soldering expert also i am Advanced Cell Phone & Tablet Micro-Soldering Technician Been soldering for 25yrs. Used to build computers. Complete r/c builds from parts. Complete drone and heli builds. I love to make things.
Im also
ASE certified auto mechanic.
Welding certified.
Powersports technician.
Constrution certified.
Commercial driver certified.
Small engine repair technician.
CCTV install tech.
I love to learn and do everything. There are very few things i cant do. And if it intrests me i will learn all of it so i can do it.

4 Likes