Quantom boards Canada? Anyone order?

@Oldguy @Ozzimotosan1
I am thinking about giving the lights in pics above a try, think its worth the risk? :thinking:

1 Like

You’re makin it hard on me @Liljoe. :grin:
They look good from the pics but I’m not fully up on the latest and greatest.
They should grow some decent smoke tho. And the price isn’t “that”bad if they prove out. :v:

2 Likes

Haha sorry buddy lol
I kinda want to try something different. Specs are close to quantom boards and from what I understand they use the same Samsung led’s as QB’s and a meanwell driver. :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Some of them have been caught claiming top bin and not using it. Others have been caught not using Samsung leds at all.

I like three of the 260xl kits for 5x5, but that wouldn’t be terrible.

2 Likes

Hey Joe,
Man, I’ll tell ya, I am way happy with the QB100’s I got. The secret I have found is finding the happy place over the canopy. I went as low as 16", that’s about as low as I would go.
Seriously, I like them enough to buy the gear to hang the four on two aluminum racks, so they won’t bump and f’up LED’s. I guess it depends on your tent, the kind of weed you want to grow, and your budget. Here’s the kind of buds I got out of latest grow. This is with 4 QB100’s in a 4X4X8 tent.
The results say it all.

This Jack Herer rocks! Less time spent on basic curing to get it to a smokable point, great taste,
great smell, and an incredible buzz. I LOVE IT! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Check these out LJ, Samsung LED’s, Meanwell dimmable drivers, and a 4000Watt actually draws 92 real watts. That ain’t S**T. Available from Amazon approved sellers. Almost 5 star reviews, and they answer questions pronto. Sorry to hear you haven’t heard back from HLG CA. What ever happened to good ole CS? (customer service). I had a saying I made up when I was doing CS related support.
No CS, No worries. Pretty soon, you will have no customers. These big assed companies don’t realize that customers are their bread and butter. Literally! Okay, off the soapbox. :flushed:
Later Bro!

2 Likes

Well 1st HLG Canada emailed back the other day telling me I have to contact HLG USA. So I sent them a message this afternoon and they just replied back telling me to contact HLG Canada…So so far HLG is NOT off to a good start with me…
@dbrn32 @Ozzimotosan1 @Oldguy

Suppose you could always buy a light from fluence.

@Oldguy @Ozzimotosan1
Finally figured out whats going on, HLG Canada doesnt have the R-Spec which is why I was told HLG USA. I feel that it could have been mentioned in the email about why…but wtv lol I figured it out myself. But I found the 300 Qb’s in R-Spec. So I think I will be ordering 2 of the 300 R-S and 1 260 XL in 3000K for my 5x5. Will that be enuff @dbrn32 ?
Cheers

It will be enough, but you’re spending more money than you need to. You can’t just get 260 xl kits with r-spec boards from either of them?

1 Like

@dbrn32 I can order the 260 in RS on the usa side. Can side only has the 260’s in 3 or 4k. If I do order the 260 RS on usa side I will get 4 of them, but I was thinking the reg ones, not XL. That way I can hang 4 in my 5x5, or do u think 4 Xl’s will be better and will fit? My thought is 4 plants and 1 260 per plant

Three of the 260 kits is enough light for a 5x5, so I’m not sure why you would buy 4 for it? Then you would want the xl kits because they provide better coverage in that space than the standard 260 kits.

Was plannin on 4 because I also have a 3x4 tent I may use 1 260 in. And figured use 4 in 5x5 when flowering. But if you say 3 260 xls will do then thats what I will most likely do.
Do u think the R-spec is really worth worrying about? If the 3000k are almst just as good then I can get them all on Canadian side. The R-spec is what is causing me to get them on states side…I mean if the R-spec is not a HUGE deal then I can do with out.
Your help is greatly appreciated @dbrn32
Thanks
Not going R-spec will also save me about 40 bucks per 260 kit…:thinking:

1 Like

I guess depends on how you look at spending your money. The r-spec is “latest and greatest”, but will be old news within a few months if not sooner. At $40 per fixture, its probably worth getting if you have the money. I’m certain you will still be happy with 3000k boards though. Its matter of buying old tech now and having 2 possibly 3 newer generations of light by this time next year. Or buying the most recent now and knowing that you got best available when you purchased.

2 Likes

Joe Man,
What the heck is the R-spec of which you speak? I didn’t see any of that from Amazon.
I know when i bought my QB100’s, they were cheaper on Amazon than buying direct.
Staying tuned,
Oz

On the hlg site @Ozzimotosan1

@Ozzimotosan1 here is the driver on my boards

I am just about to start workin on my frame for them. Have to go meet my daughter soon tho so wont be able to get much done tday.
Cheers

3 Likes

@Ozzimotosan1 @Oldguy @dbrn32
I have 6 more sets of those lights ordered. Should be in this week!!
The 1 I picked up is working great. 2 weeks into flower with some of my T99 and already progressed further along than before…looks promising
And the price was awsome
Thanks for your earlier help also @dbrn32
I am glad I did not rush into buying anything rite away :wink:

3 Likes

Way to grow Bro! Are they full power, or dimmed?

1 Like

I started them off at about 50% power then turned it up abit each day. Now running full power :wink:
My new lights are close, tracking says they are in Toronto. Only 5 hours away, so should have them tmor hopefully. Gtta get my other room running soon.

Left to right
Rise Reserve
Cheese
Gorilla Glue #4
All doing good

4 Likes