@Ozzimotosan1 @Oldguy @dbrn32

1 Like

Yes sir.
Horticulture lighting group Canada.
Google it.

2 Likes

I’m still runnin hps brother. So no I haven’t yet. :wink::v:

1 Like

I have been looking on HLG Canada, thanks. Emailed them Friday and today but no reply yet.
@oldguy I still have all my hid lights but wnna cut the hydro bill dwn abit lol

2 Likes

I was going to suggest hlg Canada as well. I haven’t dealt with them personally, but seems place to go.

2 Likes

What are your thoughts on these @dbrn32 ?

You can probably get a better light for the money. They are better than most lights you will find on Amazon and ebay, but not enough to justify price.

2 Likes

Hate to bug u AGAIN @dbrn32 but any thoughts on these

Also u mentioned the new Mars Hydros r decent?
Never realized all the choices out there and the Canadian prices SUCK HAIRY A$@!!! Lol
Still waitin on replies for QB’s with pricing for multiple 260 kits

Hey @Wallace, welcome! :v:

1 Like

Those amare lights were nice when they came out, they are dated now. They run under 2 umol/joule.

Just came across these

@dbrn32 this one here has got my attention. What are your thoughts?

I’m anti gavita because they are now owned by Scott’s miracle grow. But it’s a pretty nice fixture.

I’m going to have to remove those links that aren’t from approved vendors. At this time we only allow links from Amazon, dealzer, and aliexpress.

1 Like

Oops my bad, thought it was just seed stuff we couldnt put links to.
Thanks @dbrn32
And HLG Canada emailed me back anf told me I have to order from USA site…so whats the point of HLG Canada…

1 Like

Not sure, but I feel like they only stock limited components.

Ya they only have the 550 and the 300. The only 2 that have been CSA approved in Canada. Kits r not approved. I talked to my hydro store guy and he said a guy in B.C. paib 10 grand to get them CSA approved.
Is the 550 QB worth 1300 bucks? @dbrn32

@dbrn32 can I put an Ebay link up?

Those r just screen shots of what I am lookin at, thinking of 2 of them in my 5x5. Prob overkill but they r about 700 bucks each.

Ebay links aren’t approved sorry.

I’m not sure what exchange rate and duties are, but hlg-550 is $1000 here. They also usually run a discount code on it Thanksgiving weekend. When ordering the knock offs you need to make sure it’s from reputable vendor. Sone of them don’t use same quality of leds.

2 Likes

Ok thanks @dbrn32
In Can the 550 is 13 almst 1400. Yes with code it comes dwn to about 1200. Would 1 550 be good in a 5x5 or should I look at 2 300’s? Just cant get the R-SPEC in the CSA approved 300 yet…:thinking:
Never thought pickin a new light could be so complicated. But I really appreciate you taking time to answer my silly questions and I hope I dnt have to bug u much more lol

@dbrn32 I have also noticed some of the others I am looking at claim to use the samgsung top bin, same #'S as QB’s and lots with meanwell drivers. Does that mean good quality or ??