Quality of the seeds

I think i found the problem with my seeds not growing properly.
All my seeds are not mature to grow properly.
This is described in the article i found.
For the most part, you’re going to want to use mature seeds. These seeds are usually easy to spot because they will be dark brown with a swirl of different, slightly lighter stripes. Seeds that are white or light green are not ready to be planted and will never be. These seeds indicate plants that were harvested far too early. There’s no harm in trying to get them to sprout, but the likelihood is almost nil. For the mature seeds, you’re going to want to pay special attention to the rounder, fatter ones of the group. Those will have the greatest chance of sprouting and giving you a good yield at harvest time.

2 Likes

You’re exactly right ! …earlier I had some Northern Lights from a different vendor and I got only 1 out of 5 to start

they were tiny little under ripe seeds, I knew they weren’t going to sprout cuz I use to grow my own seed crops, I wouldn’t even though to save them if I grew them, would have thrown those right out !

I buy from ilgm ( I only bought the others because my first order didn’t make it, Robert Bergman’s replacement guarantee is another great selling point ) …so far I’ve only had one not sprout, there just what you described, plump healthy mature seeds

1 Like