QB648 DIABLO vs QB288 V2 RSPEC QUANTUM BOARDS

This is more of a question for dbrn32. About 2 tears ago you led me to HLG’s quantum board kits.
I could not be happier. Now I am looking to expand and was wondering if it’s worth going with the Diablo instead of the V2 RSPEC? What is your opinion?
Thanks again, these HLG’s are great!

2 Likes

@dbrn32 this one is for you.

Are you buying lights anyway? I probably wouldn’t just upgrade. If you were buying anyways would just be a matter if you can justify paying premium for latest and greatest. this time next year they will have another new board out.

1 Like

Not upgrading but adding. Not sure whether the price difference is worth it or not. I do know that the V2 RSPEC is realy good do not know much about the Diablo

1 Like

The diablo is similar, just more efficient board. I think test report said 2.65 umol/joule at 2100ma on the r-spec boards and data sheet for diablo board is 2.87 umol/joule. The voltage also higher on diablo board, so maybe something like +/- 10% in radiometric efficacy.

Awesome! Thanks again, for the price difference, I think that I will stick with the r-spec boards.

2 Likes

So what’s the difference between the 2 boards?