QB648 DIABLO vs QB288 V2 RSPEC QUANTUM BOARDS

This is more of a question for dbrn32. About 2 tears ago you led me to HLG’s quantum board kits.
I could not be happier. Now I am looking to expand and was wondering if it’s worth going with the Diablo instead of the V2 RSPEC? What is your opinion?
Thanks again, these HLG’s are great!

3 Likes

@dbrn32 this one is for you.

Are you buying lights anyway? I probably wouldn’t just upgrade. If you were buying anyways would just be a matter if you can justify paying premium for latest and greatest. this time next year they will have another new board out.

2 Likes

Not upgrading but adding. Not sure whether the price difference is worth it or not. I do know that the V2 RSPEC is realy good do not know much about the Diablo

1 Like

The diablo is similar, just more efficient board. I think test report said 2.65 umol/joule at 2100ma on the r-spec boards and data sheet for diablo board is 2.87 umol/joule. The voltage also higher on diablo board, so maybe something like +/- 10% in radiometric efficacy.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks again, for the price difference, I think that I will stick with the r-spec boards.

2 Likes

So what’s the difference between the 2 boards?

Rspec has more Red, Diablo has more Blue (i suspect all of this higher efficiency comes from more blue photos only)
Im having trouble deciding…
I have an Rspec kit and wanted another, now i don’t know if Rspec or Diablo…
Rspec has more Red in it than Diablo…
Diablo puts out slightly more light for the same watts…
Im thinking that i like Rspec enough to avoid Diablo…

The Diablo actually has more deep red than the rspec. It also has more blue. It’s like they combined the rspec and bspec.

1 Like

HLG themselves said to me that Rspec has more Red in it, but Diablo is slightly more efficient

A bit more in red but not in deep red.

1 Like

What do you think about penetration?
I have the idea that Diablo boards are designed to be run closer to the canopy, excellent spread but maybe not as great at more distance (I’m just picking this idea up after looking at ppfd maps for Diablos and Rspecs…)
I already hace an Rspec kit, definitely need more to fill my tent, but im not sure if going Diablo or Rspec now…
HLG has recently released the Diablo 200 kit…
I am already very impressed by the Rspec 135 kit…
Was thinking of going with another one, but maybe it would be a good idea to try the Diablo 200 kit…
I guess plants will love it the same

Where are you seeing the par map for the 200 Diablo?

Not for the 200 Diablo, i have seen the other Diablo fixtures par maps, and spectrum…
Im assuming thr spectrum is the same for the kit, but not sure why the 135 Rspec and the Diablo 200 kits are both rated for the same 2x2 flowering area, when the Diablo not only has way more diodes, on a bigger area board, but also has a more powerful driver…

Because the footprint of the board is the same. Or at least close to it. You can add 1000 leds on that board and it’ll still only cover a 2x2 space. The difference is you can run it at lower power and still get the same results (efficiency).

1 Like

So, the main points for the Diablo would be more PAR for the same watts, a bit more far red and blue and longer life(im guessing because less power through each individual led)?
Right now the difference is around 30 usd between Rspec and Diablo in the single board, diy kits…
Seems worth it, really…

Yeah I’m still running a bunch of rspecs. Didn’t know they had the 200 diablos so thank you for that!

1 Like

Thanks for helping me understand a little better thr differences man, i was thinking of filling my tent with 135 Rspec kits, but maybe i will try the Diablo kit next…
As long as it’s under 200 usd, is good for me…
It’s an HLG after all, should be great

Was thinking about 4 of the 135 Rspec kits, i already have 1 of those and im already in love…
Now im thinking 2 of each kit

1 Like

I’m running 3 rspecs and a v2 3000k for flower room 2 bspecs for veg tent and another v2 3000k sitting on the shelf. Now I’m going to have to upgrade again, lol. I may wait for the next rollout because they seem to be coming faster than ever these days.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve read about HLG releasing stuff this days…
Something about a light called a “blackbird”?