QB132s that can be in a 2’x 2 1/2’ tent

Or it’s 5 on a 240-1750 for PLC. Anything 1400ma or below had different heatsink too I believe. They are out of stock from PLC because Corona virus.

1 Like

Depends on the strip. A full hlg-185 would be more than enough for a 2x2.5’ space though.

2 Likes

I f you want a diy I bought the HLG-135 for my 2x2 tent and it works very well

1 Like

Sorry so late had to wait 12 hours to many posts for a newbie.First off I am IMPRESSED so much help for someone no one knows.Thank you all. The qb 288 sounds good I will have to check out the strips before I decide definitely interesting Alittle research tonight to decide Pulling air from outside now to keep room cool but that won’t last for long. Definitely DIY project ,four clones in the tent now ,2 in flower in week nine right next to it.Trying to get 2 to put in flower after harvest and 2 for outdoors grow.i will-let you know what I get and how it goes.Bobbydigital RandomlyRan ,dbrn32 Thank you very much I will have to comeback and try helping someone else to payback the site

3 Likes

No problem, happy to help if I can.

Settled with a QB-288 V-2 4000k with a meanwell 120h-54a driver.Bought the parts to DIY.About 125$ Thanks to all for your help!

2 Likes

Excellent!

I have my light hlg qb288 installed but don’t know if I should adjust it and how far down to turn it

Depends on the stage your plant is at. For seedlings I keep mine at 50w (which is turned all the way down on the IO port) at about 30-32”. I typically raise the current so it ups the wattage by 10w a week and leave the light where it’s at. The plant will grow to the light. By the time I’m flowering, the plant is around 16-18” from the light and I’m at full wattage. Keep in mind the light can put out about 160w with the IO all the way up, but once it goes above 135w it starts to drop in efficiency.

1 Like

How do I tell what it is set at

I had read in other posts the best coverage was at about 18 inches

If it’s an adjustable driver all the way counter clockwise is 50% (the lowest) and all the way clockwise is 100%. I used a screwdriver to adjust it all the way down, made a mark on the 12 o clock position on the screwdriver with a sharpie and one on the driver, then went to 100% made a mark on the driver where my screwdriver mark was. That tells you 50-100 then you have to make 4 marks in between those equally spaced for 60,70,80 and 90

1 Like

That sounds logical, my clones are 2 weeks just growing well I will make the marks and turn it down as usual you are a great help thank you very much

2 Likes

A kill-a-watt meter is the easiest way to know exactly what the wattage is set at. You can order it online or places like Home Depot have them in the lighting section.

https://www.amazon.com/P3-P4400-Electricity-Usage-Monitor/dp/B00009MDBU

2 Likes

Weird thing is on mine, first time i used it, it immediately read watts. unplugged it, went to use it again, and the kwh barely reached 3 kwh after a day hooked up ? any insight on that ? p4460 is on i have.

What light and how many hours? My qb 260 will consume right at about 3kwh over 12 hours.

1 Like

Correct. I have the 350r. I thought the kill a watt meter would tell me actual Watts im at per notch on the dimmer. Like 3rd notch on dimmer is roughly 135 watt output of light, and that the meter, when set to kwh, would read same thing. Not how meter works apparently. I was just wanting to see how many Watts I really had on my girls. Greg at Hlg text me this chart though.

It will tell you the actual wattage. You just have to press menu until you see volts. Then press up until you get to watts.

1 Like

Ill check it out. Menu has volts, kwh, time, rate etc. I been skipping past volts, and to just kwh. Lamp back on at 5, so ill check it out. Makes me feel like a dummy, but I have only been in this game since march so? In my defense! Thanks for the tip. Maybe you’ve seen what I got going on at the moment?