QB132 V2 Quantum Boards - V2 4000K

@dbrn32 This is 23" x 30" so between boards 6" one way 5.5" the other way. Is this good spacing? Should they be closer together? Decided to just make a single frame and not hinged.I will run 2 supports down the middle to screw the boards to and to fasten driver.

2 Likes

How big is your space again? And this is a veg light right?

It is for veg only. There really is no particular space right now. It will be in an open area. It could end up in a 4 x 4’ tent some day.

2 Likes

That looks pretty reasonable then.

1 Like

Ok thanks. time to start drilling and screwing.

2 Likes

Careful, my wife may come looking for you haha!

6 Likes

@dbrn32 I have the frame ready and should get the boards all hooked up tomorrow. I am off tomorrow so I should have it ready to go. Can I use it on my new seedlings? Turned down? 1/2 power? turned up?What height?

2 Likes

Turn all the way down, that’s about half power and then start about 24". If they stretch, turn up or lower.

2 Likes

Once again, thanks

@dbrn32 Are these boards only good for veg? I just bought these to replace my Viaspectra 700w that i’m using in my 2x4 tent.

1 Like

You can flower with them, but most would buy warmer cct for strictly flower or seed to harvest growing.

2 Likes

They are 4000k made for veg. They could be used for flowering if needed, but they also come in 3500k and 3000k which would work better for flower. I use 3000k for flowering.

1 Like

Bummer, I thought I was building a seed to harvest light. Thoughts on what I should do? Return the QB132?

Or would it make sense to buy Some QB 120s, 3000k and swap them out for flowering time? Since they are the same dimensions. Would the Driver be ok to do that?
Mean Well HLG-C Series Constant Current LED Driver
Wattage : 240W, Output Current : 2100mA, Function Options : Type A

@dbrn32 @RAP How about if I flower with my Viaspectra 700? I’m bummin now. I just spent over 3 bills for all this stuff.

I am not an expert on led as @dbrn32 but you can flower if you want with 4000k. It is cooler so more white I always thought 4000k and 3000k like MH and HPS and I have flowered before with MH but liked HPS better. This is only my speculation and I may be wrong…

So it’s the kind of light not the actual brightness? Turning the brightness all the way as low as it can go wouldn’t change anything?

1 Like

Yes it is only the intensity. The spectrum does not change.

Then maybe switching to my current light for flowering might work!
https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/products/viparspectra-par700-dimmable-led-grow-light
Just guessing. I only grow autos so would that make a difference?

Look at the blue to red ratio of your 4000k light compared to vipar light.